Electrical problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Bronco Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Bronco

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 12:13   #1 (permalink)
Bumpin Bronco

Electrical problems

well first and formost its an 1992 5.8l v8 bronco eddie bauer eddition., The damn power locks dont work worth a crap.. does nothing it seems as if the arms that lift/lower them are ****0rd.. i can hear the motor trying to move them but they dont.. i checked and it is suppppppppper hard to find a way down in the door to get to the motor to replace/troubleshoot the device anyone have a link for skimatics on the door?(blueprint if you will) also the power window on the passenger side doesnt work aswell and i want to test the motors and such but im, not sure the best way to get into the door since its very hard once you pull off the door pannel to get to the things you need and i dont see any visable screws/bolts to remove to get into the door frame any advice would certainly rock!
dspetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 13:28   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: Electrical problems

Not much consolation, ince the oanel and vapor barrier are removed, you are limited to the access holes in the door. Lock actiators are common failure item. So are the motors for the power windows. Removal of the window track, or even the glass can sometimes help. Be careful with the glass though. If you break it, it sounds like a small handgun going off and about a thousand pieces everywhere. Good luck!
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 14:40   #3 (permalink)
Bumpin Bronco

yah i was hoping for some dumb miracle that i did not know of i think replaceing the motor is going to be a pain
dspetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 18:39   #4 (permalink)
Always the student

Holy smokes, I just seen all my typos, (I usually check it), cut my index finger on the table saw a couple weeks ago and typing is hard.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 20:12   #5 (permalink)

Re: Electrical problems--MIRICLE FIX!

TRY THIS!

the window tracks on those old trucks get cruddy after a while, slowing the window way down. Spray silicone in the window tracks, it will make a world of difference! Also while your in the door, spray lithium grease in the window regulator roller track. Your window will work like new.

Sorry I cant help much with the locks though. but seriously, try the sprays on the window.
847alexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum