I just bought an 1987 ford bronco II - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Bronco Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Bronco

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 21:13   #1 (permalink)

I just bought an 1987 ford bronco II

ya it an xlt red and white and i dont no much else.
but i do no one thing that when i start that sucker up its like 3000 rpms
ok my questions are:
1 is it worth it to put a electric start into this. or can i even do this
2 whats a cheep upgrade for more horsepower
3 what are some good yet cheep shocks cuz i need to replace them
4 how hard is it to install urself a new speeker system
5whats some cool things to do to this car. its in perfect condtion so i want to pimp it out

excuse my spelling but i am so tierd i not thinking all that well
i dont want to make this a 4weeling car at this time but nor do i want to make it a little pimp car just want it to look nice and have some more power
k thx
Largewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2004, 07:30   #2 (permalink)

Re: I just bought an 1987 ford bronco II

what kind of motor ya got in it..should be a 2.9 fuel injected...as for the speaker system its real easy in the bronco II done my own installation
Nomad01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 23:59   #3 (permalink)
RATfink Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largewolf
ya it an xlt red and white and i dont no much else.
but i do no one thing that when i start that sucker up its like 3000 rpms
from my experience, i have never started up a car/truck and had it imediatly rev to 3000 RPM's. i dont think thats a good thing bro.
OlSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 20:41   #4 (permalink)

If it has been sitting for awhile, the spring on the accelerator cable is probably stuck. Mine did that this winter. Nothing a little spray of WD-40 won't cure !!! Always check the little things before thinking the worse !!! LOL
Check out my '86 Bronco II PLUS in the picture section.
bob1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 23:11   #5 (permalink)

you shall be Flogged indefinately if you "Pimp Out" this truck......
1: go to www.lmctruck.com and get a free catalog for your truck parts (this comes in handy as theyre one of the few only places to get parts if your brakes)

2: i have a 87 BII XLT 4x4 it these trucks make great 4x4's... check out www.jamesduff.com for your 4x4ing needs (they have some great deals there)

3: if u must "Pimp Out" this ride, u must first do a 5.0 Swap on it, so its worth to race and defend on the street, and trust me the average car is 4900 - 5500 lbs and the BII is around 2500-3000 lbs ... which means this sucker could fly...

like i said these were not meant to be "Pimped Out" with the right love and right driver this truck can become a MEAN 4x4 Machine... also ..

for Tech resources ... check out these links

www.BroncoII.org (great place to get help and get some of those hard to find parts other users are upgrading from/too...also there are alot of Tech write ups there..)
www.TheWebWheeler.com
www.therangerstation.com

also good idea to subscribe to the Bronco Drive magazine
www.broncodriver.com

hope this helps... remember Rice Is Better On A Plate Than A Driveway...

87BIIXLT4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:40   #6 (permalink)

confused Re: I just bought an 1987 ford bronco II

Thanks for the great info. I have a 1988 Bronco II XLT. It is the 2.9 5speed. It has given me great service but lately it seems to want to have some hesitation and even backfires sometimes. I have started using premium unleaded fuel and that helps but I am wondering if I need something else. I have had it tuned up - not in the last few months but about 6 months ago. Have had all the belts and hoses replaced. Does anyone have any ideas? Should I have the injectors cleaned or replaced? It has about 131,000 miles on it. Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87BIIXLT4x4
you shall be Flogged indefinately if you "Pimp Out" this truck......
1: go to www.lmctruck.com and get a free catalog for your truck parts (this comes in handy as theyre one of the few only places to get parts if your brakes)

2: i have a 87 BII XLT 4x4 it these trucks make great 4x4's... check out www.jamesduff.com for your 4x4ing needs (they have some great deals there)

3: if u must "Pimp Out" this ride, u must first do a 5.0 Swap on it, so its worth to race and defend on the street, and trust me the average car is 4900 - 5500 lbs and the BII is around 2500-3000 lbs ... which means this sucker could fly...

like i said these were not meant to be "Pimped Out" with the right love and right driver this truck can become a MEAN 4x4 Machine... also ..

for Tech resources ... check out these links

www.BroncoII.org (great place to get help and get some of those hard to find parts other users are upgrading from/too...also there are alot of Tech write ups there..)
www.TheWebWheeler.com
www.therangerstation.com

also good idea to subscribe to the Bronco Drive magazine
www.broncodriver.com

hope this helps... remember Rice Is Better On A Plate Than A Driveway...

daneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum