Need help/advice will take ANY OFFERED!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Bronco Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Bronco

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2006, 17:08   #1 (permalink)

confused Need help/advice will take ANY OFFERED!!

I recently purchased a 93 Bronco with a 5.0 V8 302 and due to engine trouble I've decided the best thing to do is swap out the original motor. I bought a 302 from a Lincoln Towncar and I am days away from the swap. I have a few questions before I get to far into the nitty-gritty, and would appriciate any advice/help I can get on any of these questions.

Can I use the intake (upper/lower) from the Bronco on the lincoln motor? I gave it only a cursory glance and it appears that the uppers won't swap due to the center bolts not having the same offset.

I would like to swap the whole intake out if possible since the wiring wouldn't need to be changed.

Does it matter which side the intake faces? The bronco intake faces driver side and the Lincoln is passenger side.

Would it be easier to pull motor AND transmission or just motor?

If the intake from the lincoln can't be replaced with the intake from the bronco, and if I do need to have the intake port facing drivers side, what intake could I get from the scrap-yard that would bolt up properly and face driver's side?

I'm sure there are a few questions I forgot to ask, but I'll be checking back for any info fairly regularly. I would definately welcome any comments or advise as this is the first engine swap I've ever attempted and yes it is neccessary as the original motor has oil leaking into the combustion chamber somewhere and I don't have the time/abilities to do a complete rebuild.
strikernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2006, 23:56   #2 (permalink)

Re: Need help/advice will take ANY OFFERED!!

WOW!! there sure are alot of helpful people around here!
Old 12-27-2006, 05:26   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikernow
WOW!! there sure are alot of helpful people around here!
That wont help
I certainly find the questions obscure , perhaps someone has done it .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 14:00   #4 (permalink)

Ok Moderators feel free to delete this thread and my account along with it!! I found a forum that actually offers help and where people will attempt to help you even if they don't know exactly what to do for you. The site is FULL SIZE BRONCO and they have helped where you have failed!!
As I said, delete my account as I won't be back!
Old 12-27-2006, 15:24   #5 (permalink)
Always the student

I'm glad you found the help you were looking for. Most of the regular posters here try to give their best and most accurate info. I'm sure if someone thought they had the right info, they would have helped.
What have you done to contribute to this forum??
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:56   #6 (permalink)

Like dude, give people a chance to answer you. People dont just hang out waiting for someone to post a Q.

I can answer your Q BTW. If you still need it answerd just ask.
s1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum