Ford Forums banner

New Clutch grabbing in the middle and play at the top?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cjmedina 
#1 ·
I just had a $1600 trains and clutch job done on my 88 BroncoII.

The Trans guy said the trans was bad but when I drove it, I thought it was the clutch not disingaging because I could'nt get it to stop when I had the clutch in.

Anyway, he charged $465 to take it out and $250 to put the trans on the bench, he then told me the barrings were bad on the input shapt that is why it was acting like I said.

Anyway, they said they were done with the trans and I would get it back the next day. Well I called and they told me the now the cluth pressure plate was bad????? Now this was after they had inspected it and he even told me that who ever was driving it that they new had to drive a clutch!

Anyway I don't think I'm getting the real story here! Then he tells me they had to resurface the pressure plate and then another guy tells me no it's a brand new clutch they had to replace because someone dropped the pressure plate????

Well I finally get the truck back and the clutch felt like it was grabbing on the floor with a lot of play! I complained and he says bring it back and we'll look at it. He says we have to rebleed the servo. Well it's still not the way it was before! It's still grabbing at the middle and there is play at the top of the peddle!

My question:

Is this guy full of crap? What do you think he did and what recourse do I have. Also he said they only give 30 day warranty for clutches and Ihave a 30 day warranty for the whole job yet he said he did the trans also!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.