Poly Engine Mounts? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Bronco Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Bronco

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2001, 18:37   #1 (permalink)
Bronco Ranger XLT Member

Question

Anyone tried polyurethane engine mounts? I'm thinking they would last a lot longer than the rubber ones. Any opinions or sources? Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2001, 13:26   #2 (permalink)
Bronco Member

:damack:
Tried them on my unit they seem to work fine. I am using them for all positions under the frame. I have a Jasper re-worked 5.0, F.I with an AOD trans and replace the mounts after the trans required repair. I plan to install these mounting bushings under the body mounts also. I have also replaced my torsion bar insulators with poly's also and the results are very good. I have the IFS front end with "Quad-4" suspension.
JuanPolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 17:53   #3 (permalink)
Bronco Ranger XLT Member

Read

Juan, thanks for reply. I now have one on my side x-case mount, but I can't seem to find a poly for the tranny mount. Where did you find yours? Thanks. Don

78 Bronco, 351M, 4-sp.
Old 05-31-2001, 12:29   #4 (permalink)
Bronco Member

I hope that this doesn't sound too stupid, but I bought the mounts from J.H. Whitney a few years ago and forgot the numbers for the order. You see I had ordered them a while before finally installing them maybe 2 years ago.
I am not certain of the order numbers since they are possibly from a 1997 catalog.
I had the transmission rebuilt in 2000 and that is when I found the mount in my shop where I had stored them. I had heard of these poly mounts from 4x4 Wheel Magazine in an article from 1998.

I do like the mount it seems to keep the engine pretty consistantly stable. There was possibly some overkill in a poly mount for the transmission case so maybe a new rubber mount will do as well. There is usually not much torqueing around the case mount, and so it will usually last the length of the vehicle.
Peace.
JuanPolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum