Ford Forums banner

Project Bronco may be over for me

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  tomahawk350 
#1 ·
I think the torgue converter is shot in my Bronco, Cuz you can rev the motor in park and neutral but in gear it stalls the motor. Is there anything else it could possibly be? I'm not sure i want to put anymore money in this thing giving the fact that the body is so bad. Need advise, what would you guys do? I only paid $500 for it.

thanks!

#2 ·
There can be other problems besides the tranny. Sounds more like the IAT is either dirty or history. This little jewel adjusts the idle. Look on the throttle body, it has wires running to it. unplug it, remove it from the motor, clean it with throttle body spray cleaner. The pintle inside of it should move freely. You can not make it move in and out but it should be clean and free. Inspect the holes that are in the throttle body, if they are cruded up, remove the throttle body- DO NOT CLEAN IT ON THE MOTOR. Once you have it off, clean the blades and bypass passages with the spray cleaner. reassemble. Probably will cure the problem, if not , post here again.

#5 ·
clogged egr

apparently what was happening on mine was that it was freezing (either open or closed i am not sure) causing it to run like crap especially in drive...

oh the other thing that would do it is a bad gasket between the carb and intake..... darn could be lots of things...

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.