Removing fuel injection line - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Bronco Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Bronco

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2004, 08:32   #1 (permalink)

Removing fuel injection line

I have been having difficulties removing the "quick disconnect" rings on my fuel injection line on the fuel rail. I have an 89 bronco with a 302. I tried to take it off, it just won't budge. Does anyone have any detailed illustrations on how it should come off?
aerodynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2005, 04:20   #2 (permalink)
Bronco Member

Re: Removing fuel injection line

Not sure if the 89 is the same as the 93 as far as quick disconnect rings. I ran into the similar problem. Used the specially design ring remover that didn't seem to work right. I twisted the tool around the line to see if that would help, but unfortunately it caught the pins inside the quick disconnect rings and bent them up pretty good turning them into "no disconnect rings". I finally managed to break the locking spring in the disconnects. I picked up a 4 pack of replacement lock springs and everything went back together fine.
Old 02-17-2005, 14:24   #3 (permalink)

Re: Removing fuel injection line

i think there are 2 sizes the return is smaller and the intake is bigger. all you do is slide the disconnect tool on the line on the engine side of the line, press it into the fitting and slide off the hose . you may have to wiggle or twist the connector off. i had a little trouble getting mine off, but it should just come off.
bigbronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum