suspension lift kits? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Bronco Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Bronco

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2001, 09:20   #1 (permalink)
muckstang1

Question suspension lift kits?

Can anyone advise me about lift kits for a '94 full size bronco? I would like to know if any one kit is superior to others. I'm thinking about a 4"lift but I'm not sure what brand is best. Is it worth getting new rear springs vs. add-a leaf, vs. blocks? Is a Superrunner steering linkage of any use on a mostly highway driven vehicle? What size tires will a 4" lift allow, some say 33" others 35". Your info is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2001, 07:16   #2 (permalink)
Bronco Member

Don't waste your time on a 4" lift.
Go with a 6" superlift with the extended radius arms (absolute must).
Do not use lift blocks on the rear. Get the added leaf springs or re-arched leaf springs.
If you go with blocks on the rear, you will need traction bars or kicker shocks(heavy duty) or you will feel the rear end jerking around every time you back up or accelerate.

With 6" lift, 33", 35" 36" tires fit well and still have enough clearance to take off road.
Consider going wider on the tires to off set your increased center of gravity.
adami67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 07:13   #3 (permalink)
Chrisbronco

Rancho is best for 4" lift

If you are looking for only a four inch lift the rancho kit would be the way to go. It is a great lift kit.

Later, Chris
Old 06-28-2001, 17:58   #4 (permalink)
oldblue18

I agree with Chris...Rancho is one of the better suspension manufacturers, also they are one of the most complete...you know, they include most of that stuff you don't know you need until your truck is already torn down...I would stay away from Rough Country, as the name implies, they don't really ride all that well (honestly). With a 4" lift I would stick with 33" tires. If this Bronco is your daily driver, the 33" tires will give you a nice compromise between gas miledge and off-road ability. My $0.02

Jon
Old 01-18-2006, 03:21   #5 (permalink)
big_brenda

Re: suspension lift kits?

If you want anything larger than 33" tires then you need to go with a 6 inch lift. Skyjacker and Superlift has one for your bronco. Lift blocks for the rear is cheaper than brand new leaf springs but you will need some traction bars if you go with the blocks. Another thing, get the Superlift Superrunner steering system. There will be costly problems in the future without one. Trust me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum