Ford Forums banner

temperature reading

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  GreenThumbrkl 
#1 ·
so i got this 86 bronco 2 2.9L EFI 5 speed 4WD back in november. great car, high miles but for the price to have a spare 4wd i just couldnt beat it. ive done the routine tune up, spark plugs, oil/filter, air filter, and switched to aftermarket conversion driveshaft to get rid of that god aweful cv driveshaft. ever since i got the bronco 2, the temperature gauge has not read right. reads cold or very bottom of normal. i know it reads to some extent because if it does start to get warm the gauge goes up a little. for about week straight it was accurate. would start it up in the morning and it would say cold, come back 15mins later letting it warm up, and read right in middle of normal. worked great and accurately for about a week or week and a half. now its not reading right again. is there just the temperature sensor or is there a sending unit like the oil pressure? just want my gauges to be accurate. its an old rig with high miles, and i dont have the money to fix it if something big happens because i couldnt read the dang gauges.
its sitting at about 240k if title was right. got it with 234k. quiet, and smooth. one slight tick im assuming is lifter that needs tightening, but its been there since i bought rig, so its kind of been on back burner. also picked up brakes and parking brake cables to do as soon as snow is gone. previous owner cut E-Brake cables, im assuming they froze up in winter and rather than tear into the drums he just cut them to save time. cables look corroded anyways so i figured id just do all new brake cables, pads, shoes, and springs. would like to redo suspension this summer. seems a little bouncy on bumps. any input to get me going in the right direction with temperature sensor would be awesome. thank you all!!!

:driver:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.