Waiting for New Full Size Ford Bronco's ! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Bronco Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Bronco

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 05:34   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Waiting for New Full Size Ford Bronco's !

The soul purpose of me registering, and typing this post. Im waiting for the ford company to bring back the FULL SIZE FORD BRONCO, with a V6 engine, tow package, and the body as original as the last model that came out on the market in the 90's. I love this vehicle, and so far have not had a chance to own one myself. I would be happy and proud if Ford would bring back the original ford bronco, where the back roof was able to come off, with 3 seat bench, 4 wheel drive, a V6 engine would be nice, with alot of the new options out there today. Im a family man, and having this vehicle would be the bomb. Haveing a flex-fuel vehicle, or something that would be good on gasoline, and / or something like a hybrid, where you can use electric / gasoline driving, and possibly be able to switch over to full gasoline for an option on a hybrid for the offroad enthuseist's.... Any more help on these options would be helpfull, but affordable to the everyday consumer. I have never believed in paying over 10,000 dollars for a vehicle, and probably never will. My wife always gets the new vehicles on the lot, and I always get the used vehicles... and mostly thats because she is a nurse, and needs a nice new vehicle thats dependable to get to work. With myself being laid off, 3 kids and a great dane to transport around. On top of that, I need something to work on the farm... I am also interested in my next vehicle possibly being a full size dually with 4 doors, or 2.... Im mostly interested in the bronco though, because I would be able to have a dually for the farm, and a bronco along side of it because one I can use for working the farm, and the other for transporting the family while the wife is at work....
I am mostly hopeing that the Ford company would possibly look into something like this, because the Ford bronco in my opinion was the best vehicle they ever had before the rest of the SUV's. And the ford bronco was just wrong...... Please bring back the FULL size Ford bronco. This is one 34 year old's dream.... There would just be nothing better than to see a FULL size ford bronco come off that line, Especially if it would be called the Ford Bronco TC......lol
I would like to know who else would be interested in this, and if anyone from the ford company views this, please, let me know if something like this is in the plans, I will save myself from buying another new vehicle until one comes onto the market....
Thanks.
TC
tcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2009, 19:27   #2 (permalink)
Bronco Guru

Re: Waiting for New Full Size Ford Bronco's !

The FSB never had a V6, so that can't be brought back.

Centurion Conversions built MANY 4-door Broncos with Ford's support, so you CAN have both. Check the classifieds on Fourdoorbronco forums - Powered by vBulletin .

A new Bronco has been a pipe-dream for the past 13 years; there's no market to support its production, and the diehard Bronco fanatics won't tolerate that name being used on the crappy concepts Ford has shown recently.

If you want one, it's VERY easy to build one. Get whichever parts you like & put them in it. Quint has built a '78 with the engine, trans, & dash from an '04 F150 5.4L. My black & tan '83 is pieced together from 3 decades of vehicles - click it in my signature for more info. I've built a '75 for a friend that's as comfortable & modern as most trucks on the road today. And there are plenty of others out there that have been customized, modernized, & personalized; most of them, on VERY tight budgets. Do some searching & a LOT of reading.

Last edited by jwko; 05-11-2009 at 19:51. Reason: no need to correct a users spelling
Steve83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:33   #3 (permalink)

I had an 89 Full size green & tan Eddie Baur Bronco. I LOVED that truck. It was a real fun truck to drive,it turned on a dime.

Mine had the 302 and it could have used more motor IMO to pull a trailer or whatever.

Draw backs to the Bronco were. 30 gallon tank that rots out every 4yrs,rear quarters that rotted easily, and my truck ate rotors, & pads.

The calipers were a poor design,they had pins that the caliper moved on and once the caliper wasn't lubed properly it would stick and wipe out one side of the pads faster.

If they fixed all that and got a vehicle that got 20 miles to the gallon instead of 10-13 I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 15:13   #4 (permalink)
Bronco Guru

My gas tank has never rotted out (I actually sold the original tank when I swapped to the EFI version ~12 years ago), and those caliper pins are stainless. They don't need any lube, so if you were putting something on them, that's why they stuck.

But a 3-ton brick with a V8 will never get 20mpg.
Old 05-17-2009, 18:05   #5 (permalink)

I thank you all for your reply's and will check those links out... Thanks again...
TC
tcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:31   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
My gas tank has never rotted out (I actually sold the original tank when I swapped to the EFI version ~12 years ago), and those caliper pins are stainless. They don't need any lube, so if you were putting something on them, that's why they stuck.

But a 3-ton brick with a V8 will never get 20mpg.
The truck that I had,I bought as a salvage titled vehicle.It had been rolled over by the previous owner.That may have played a roll in some of the issues I had with it.
Old 05-23-2009, 13:35   #7 (permalink)
Bronco Guru

Yep. There are a few a right ways, but PLENTY of wrong ways, to repair anything. Click my black Bronco in my sig & look thru the Rollover album.
Old 05-26-2009, 14:01   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
Yep. There are a few a right ways, but PLENTY of wrong ways, to repair anything. Click my black Bronco in my sig & look thru the Rollover album.
Holy cow,what did you spin out towing that car? You're lucky to be alive.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:02   #9 (permalink)
Bronco Guru

I prefer to think of myself as "smart enough to drive a fullsize cab-on-chassis vehicle", rather than just "lucky".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum