Ford Forums banner

where's the ecm?

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  meagain 
#1 ·
94 Bronco 351 W H code
Finally got scanner hooked up passed KOEO but cannot communicate with truck cannot retrieve cyl ID or DTCs after setting Timing with spock disabled at 10 BTDC which I hope is at the top of the timing tab where it says TIME. After plugging in Spock again no advance atall truck won't even turn 2k according book thing now is the time to go Ford(not)
and have ECM checked about 1 cee note or more than the cost of ECM. Now if I only knew where under the Dash(?) the silly thing was! meagain ps NO the book thing don"t know

#4 ·
CAT SKINNER and everybody else ECM is between D?s inner fender and firewall actually inside firewall. Just below M/C there are three harness plugs the middle one(longest and thinnest) is the one for the ECM. Takes a 10mm socket
to remove and you will have a black plastic cover over plug that has to come off to remove plug two little clips on engine side probably will break no biggy. Fun part is ECM slides into firewall like a book so remove about 5 4mm screws holding inner wheel well to fender and one 10mm bolt under relay box and using whatever pry inner well down so as to get ecm out about 8-10 inches.

ECM on mine was also bad and was an SC so A1 cardone got my money Truck runs like a dream now.PPS dam iggy module went bad again with old ECM in so warrantied that thing .never stops but still fun.

meagain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.