2003 excursion Limited front end clunk fix, 6.0 4x4 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Excursion Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Excursion Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Excursion.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 10:17   #1 (permalink)

2003 excursion Limited front end clunk fix, 6.0 4x4

After having several front end shops and a Ford dealer trying to find the noise (clunk over a bump) and replacing all ball joints and shocks (110,000 mi). the only thing i had not replaced was the frame to antisway bar bushings, (Moog pn K80203), upon replacement my front end was quiet and the ride was remarkably restored to like new condition, cost (under $15.00) plus 15 min. cost to learn ($1200.00 plus), the rubber and the design in the OEM bushing failed early as i had this clunk for about 40k
I will replace the bushings on the rear sway bar next
My Excursion currently has 130,000 mi and at 98k injectors had to be replaced by ford under warranty,
the vacume pump for heat and air and 4x4 control has failed twice (motor burnout). no warranty on this item. will consider after market part next time
fuel milage is 19 to 22 @ 65mph, on turnpikes. tow milage is 14 mpg pulling a 35 ft travel trailer weighing 9000 lbs on flatland.
allendeiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 14:11   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 2003 excursion Limited front end clunk fix, 6.0 4x4

Thanks for the information. That's sure to help someone.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Excursion Forum