Re: 00 taurus DOHC, how to replace fuel tank filler nech?
From the shop manual.
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. If the fuel tank is full, drain the fuel tank until the fuel level is at or below half a tank.
3. Remove the filler neck screws.
4. Raise and support the vehicle.
5. Remove the fuel tank filler pipe hoses. 1 Loosen the hose clamps. 2 Disconnect the hoses from the filler pipes.
6. Remove the filler pipe assembly. 1 Remove the filler tube bolt.2 Remove the filler pipe.
7. To install, reverse the removal procedure.