01 vulcan rough idle / missing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2006, 14:45   #1 (permalink)
p3n

01 vulcan rough idle / missing

alright, this is starting to piss me off right about now. the rough idle problem has been going on for a while, but was never serious, just a little fluxuation at idle rpms. well this past wednesday it started driving like complete crap and i got the blinking check engine light. limped it back home, ran the scantool past it, i have codes ranging from p0300 - p0306 [misfiring] excluding 302, haven't seen a cyl 2 misfire code yet. i've replaced the spark plugs and wires [car started running even crappier, but it is firing off of all 6 cyl's and all the plugs / wires seem to check out ok] also swapped the coil, no change in performance. swapped the IAC, still no change. exhaust smells of fuel, even when i pulled out the spark plugs it seems to smell overly rich [that's why i haven't swapped the fuel filter, etc yet because it seems like i should be aiming away from those options, imo]. also the missing isn't consistant at all. it can go fine for up to probably 30 seconds without a miss, and then sometimes it sounds like your popping a bag of popcorn under the car. the engine runs smoother above idle [less vibration], but misses through out the entire rpm range. please help before i turn this car into a new years light show tonight.
p3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2007, 03:26   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: 01 vulcan rough idle / missing

Plenty of service bullitens for the 01 look here: 2001 Ford Taurus TSBs -- [ CarComplaints.com ]
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:34   #3 (permalink)
p3n

yea i'm sorry i'm kind of a noob here for fords, i'm a vw/audi guy myself. very useful information here, thanks a lot. i was going to have the car towed to the dealership in the morning, but it looks like i'll be giving them a call first. thanks again for the post.

-pen
p3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:33   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Now Ford will get pissy about those TSB, They told me that info was for technicians only and not for the public, if you know someone at a dealership those TCB's contain info on how to fix the problems too. Only other way that I know to get TCB info is Alldata, it will show you everything step by step but its a subscription service. I also have a 01 and its been nothing but trouble.

Here is the Alldata link if you need itALLDATA LLC - Leader in Automotive Information
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007