02 sable p1504 code - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 14:52   #1 (permalink)

02 sable p1504 code

Hello i have a 02 sable with a p1504 cel code ...i replaced the AIC valve.and reset the computer with my scan tool..it came rite back..i then removed the neg cable and placed a jumper from the positive cable to clear the memery after 10 minuets i started the car let it run and took it for a decent ride it runs and shifts great when i returned i shut it off and restarted it and it threw a CEL it was the p1504 it is a duratec 24 valve 3.0 any help would be great...i also thought i could hear a vaccume leak and sprayed the engine with brake cleaner and it didnt show any thing....any susjestions....????
earnies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2014, 17:46   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: 02 sable p1504 code

A short in the wiring for the IAC can also throw the code. As far as the hissing, you may actually be hearing the air rushing past the throttle plate.
Old 02-01-2014, 18:19   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatSkinner View Post
A short in the wiring for the IAC can also throw the code. As far as the hissing, you may actually be hearing the air rushing past the throttle plate.
At one point i thought it could be air in the throttle plate but it sounds like its comming from the back by the distributer i changed one 3/8 hose that goes to a valve unit on the firewall..no change...
there are 2 wires at the IAC do you know the voltegs that i should look for and if it was shorted would the car run as good as it does...and would it allow me to go for a 20 minuet ride without throwing a CEL....when i got back i shut the car off then restarted it and it threw a CEL ???

thanks I need all the help i can get..
earnies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 22:18   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

This is going to sound strange but change the PVC valve. I've seen it numerous times. It sticks open causing unmetered air. Idle is raised so PCM backs out IAC. It s backs it off so much determines it has a problem an kicks MIL on. Seen it several times and always on 24v 3.0.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007