Originally Posted by DWilusz
My wife drives a 04 Sable. When she goes to start the car it goes through the list of all four doors and the trunk being ajar. Her key fob works perfectly for the doors and trunk. The lock buttons on the doors do not work at all.
I sprayed all of the locks, latches with WD40 and they still do not work. I had to remove the dome light so it would not drain the battery.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
TSB 04-6-4 details this exact issue. You would need the factory scan tool to diagnose. If the power window amperage does not change correctly the Smart Junction Box (Interior Fuse Panel) has to be replaced and a jumper harness installed inside of the LF door.
ELECTRICAL - UNCOMMANDED DECKLID OPENING,
DOME - LIGHT ILLUMINATED, CHIME SOUNDING,
AND/OR MULTIPLE DOOR AJAR WARNING
Some 2004 Taurus/Sable vehicles may exhibit the dome light remaining on, multiple door ajar warnings, warning chime continuously sounding, and/or the luggage compartment lid opening.
To diagnose the condition, it will be necessary to monitor the (DRIVER POWER WINDOW AMPERAGE) PID using a scan tool (NGS or WDS).
Refer to the following Service procedure.
1. Install a scan tool and with the ignition in the run position, read the (Driver Power Window Amperage) PID "D PWAMP" - (NGS), or "LF_PW_AMP" - (WDS) in the smart junction box (SJB).
NOTE SOME SCAN TOOLS MAY LIST THE SJB AS THE GEM.
2. Operate the one-touch-down window switch and monitor the PID value as the window moves down.
a. If the value does not change (remains equal to zero), replace the SJB and install jumper harness 4F1Z-14A411-CA.
NOTE REPLACE THE SMART JUNCTION BOX (SJB) (15604) PER SECTION 419-10 OF THE WORKSHOP MANUAL. INSTALL THE JUMPER HARNESS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS TSB.
b. If the PID value does change (gives an amperage value), continue with normal Workshop Manual diagnostics.
JUMPER HARNESS INSTALLATION
1. Remove driver's door panel, seven (7) screws to remove. Refer to Workshop Manual Section 501-05 Front Door Trim Panel Removal & Installation.
2. Remove the four (4) screws attaching the speaker to the door.
3. Remove the speaker and disconnect the speaker electrical connector.
4. Disconnect the power window electrical connector from the window motor and route the harness through the hole above the speaker (Figure 1).
5. Attach the jumper harness 4F1Z-14A411-CA to the existing power window motor harness and routing the harness back through the same hole (Figure 1), attach the other end of the harness to the power window motor.
6. Secure the connector to the door by pushing the locating pin of the connector through the plastic water shield and into the mounting location (Figure 2).
7. Secure excess wiring with a wire tie (Figure 2).
8. Reinstall speaker.
9. Reinstall door panel.
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES: NONE
WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
040604A Monitor PID Value, Install 0.7 Hr.
Jumper Harness To The
Existing Power Window
Harness And Replace
(SJB) Smart Junction Box
BASIC PART NO. CODE