05 Sable LS Stereo System - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 13:14   #1 (permalink)

05 Sable LS Stereo System

Hello,

My grandparents are giving me an 05 sable with only 22k on it for free. I've got a couple simple questions about the audio system in this car. I'm not going to go putting in some crazy loud stuff, but I would like to replace the stock speakers.

I'm wondering if there's specs for the factory radio available anywhere as far as the wattage and such that it puts out?

From my research it also seems that I would be unable to replace the factory stereo if it has the climate controls built in, I do believe this vehicle has the climate controls. Can anyone confirm that if it does, I am unable to replace the factory radio?

I've been looking at some speakers on Crutchfield, I'm guessing that the wire harness adapters they include will actually work.

Thanks for any help!
agentphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 14:27   #2 (permalink)

Re: 05 Sable LS Stereo System

Call the dealer and give them the vin code and option code. They will tell you what you
need to know.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 18:24   #3 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

Exclamation Re: 05 Sable LS Stereo System

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentphish View Post
Hello,

My grandparents are giving me an 05 sable with only 22k on it for free. I've got a couple simple questions about the audio system in this car. I'm not going to go putting in some crazy loud stuff, but I would like to replace the stock speakers.

I'm wondering if there's specs for the factory radio available anywhere as far as the wattage and such that it puts out?

From my research it also seems that I would be unable to replace the factory stereo if it has the climate controls built in, I do believe this vehicle has the climate controls. Can anyone confirm that if it does, I am unable to replace the factory radio?

I've been looking at some speakers on Crutchfield, I'm guessing that the wire harness adapters they include will actually work.

Thanks for any help!
If you have Auto Temp Control, then you can't install an aftermarket radio in the dash. The aftermarket only makes install kits for manual A/C models.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 20:50   #4 (permalink)

Blast. Got the car, nice car, great shape as expected...but does have the automatic climate controls in the vehicle.

Anyone have ideas how I could hook up an iPod/iPhone to this thing? Obviously in 2005, AUX ports were not an important thing to many automakers.

Found this:
Amazon.com: Precision Interface Electronics FRDR-AUX Connect a portable music player, satellite radio tuner, or DVD player to your factory Ford/Lincoln/Mercury receiver!: Electronics Amazon.com: Precision Interface Electronics FRDR-AUX Connect a portable music player, satellite radio tuner, or DVD player to your factory Ford/Lincoln/Mercury receiver!: Electronics

But don't know if there's a better option.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2010, 20:02   #5 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

Exclamation Re: 05 Sable LS Stereo System

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentphish View Post
Blast. Got the car, nice car, great shape as expected...but does have the automatic climate controls in the vehicle.

Anyone have ideas how I could hook up an iPod/iPhone to this thing? Obviously in 2005, AUX ports were not an important thing to many automakers.

Found this: Amazon.com: Precision Interface Electronics FRDR-AUX Connect a portable music player, satellite radio tuner, or DVD player to your factory Ford/Lincoln/Mercury receiver!: Electronics

But don't know if there's a better option.

Thanks
It is sold on Amazon thru crutchfield.com, but to use this adaptor, you will have to ditch the factory CD changer in the console or trunk, it plugs in place of the changer. There are simpler alternatives, though not plug and play as much as this one, most are simpler and use FM modulators to transmit sound, and produce great quality sound. Check the Crutchfield page I've provided and you will see a few options. The most expensive one does involve some wiring, but It's only 12V hot at all times, 12V switched, and ground. It connects inline with the antenna cable, and you set your FM to a preset frequency (usually switchable). Any good car audio/electronics store also sells these too.

Car Selector
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 19:16   #6 (permalink)

Yeah I am familiar with the FM modulator stuff. I have a nice one actually in my wife's 2000 honda. It's the one by griffin that has the OLED display with auto tuning. I was just trying to get something with a much more stealthy look.

I already took out the factory changer, ran an RCA > Stereo Miniplug wire from the trunk to the front center console where the coin tray is and I have been looking around for a decent price on one of those PIE adapters that I linked to before.

I'd really prefer not to spend 70 bucks if I don't have to. Theres one on ebay right now with no reserve that came out of an 06 Taurus so maybe I can get lucky.

Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007