07 Taurus Squeal, Electrical problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 21:57   #1 (permalink)

07 Taurus Squeal, Electrical problem

First off I'll apologize for shamelessly signing up on the forum today in the hopes of finding some knowledgable people who might be able to help me with my problem. I did atleast search for a while for my problem but couldn't seem to find it, on here or on google. Thanks for any help!

I have a 2007 Ford Taurus SEL, recently I had started to hear a high pitched electrical squeal inside the car two weeks or so ago. At first thought it was just the radio, but it is still there after I turn it off. I have tried to go through everything, such as lights, radio, heating/AC, and turn them off and on trying to see if that was the cause but didn't make it go away. I was driving home yesterday and it started squealing again and I happened to look down and with my lights on and the backlights dimmed down most of the way I saw my MPG/Mileage readout had horizontal red lines through out the LED and it was flashing. It wasn't flashing on and off, all the letters/numbers where all flashing in a cascade type sequence. It could be that it has been happening before when the sound first started but this is the first time I recall it being dark out where I could see if flashing like this. I wonder if something is loose in the dash, I just was hoping to get an opinion before I went and put my car in the shop. I may just get up under the dash and start pushing connections to make sure they are tight. I hit the dash and sometimes it seems to make it go away and other times it doesn't, and it will just go away on its own. When it goes away on its own or starts acting up, there doesn't seem to be any significant jolt to the car like hitting a bump or anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Also the computer nerd in me is coming out because also wondered if doing a "hard boot" of the car would maybe do something. If I disconnected the battery terminals for a few and reconnected them it might make the problem just go away if it was some computer issue.
Kiyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2009, 18:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: 07 Taurus Squeal, Electrical problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyot View Post
First off I'll apologize for shamelessly signing up on the forum today in the hopes of finding some knowledgable people who might be able to help me with my problem. I did atleast search for a while for my problem but couldn't seem to find it, on here or on google. Thanks for any help!

I have a 2007 Ford Taurus SEL, recently I had started to hear a high pitched electrical squeal inside the car two weeks or so ago. At first thought it was just the radio, but it is still there after I turn it off. I have tried to go through everything, such as lights, radio, heating/AC, and turn them off and on trying to see if that was the cause but didn't make it go away. I was driving home yesterday and it started squealing again and I happened to look down and with my lights on and the backlights dimmed down most of the way I saw my MPG/Mileage readout had horizontal red lines through out the LED and it was flashing. It wasn't flashing on and off, all the letters/numbers where all flashing in a cascade type sequence. It could be that it has been happening before when the sound first started but this is the first time I recall it being dark out where I could see if flashing like this. I wonder if something is loose in the dash, I just was hoping to get an opinion before I went and put my car in the shop. I may just get up under the dash and start pushing connections to make sure they are tight. I hit the dash and sometimes it seems to make it go away and other times it doesn't, and it will just go away on its own. When it goes away on its own or starts acting up, there doesn't seem to be any significant jolt to the car like hitting a bump or anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Also the computer nerd in me is coming out because also wondered if doing a "hard boot" of the car would maybe do something. If I disconnected the battery terminals for a few and reconnected them it might make the problem just go away if it was some computer issue.

Hmmmmm

Hello and good day to you:

May I ask a few Question??

1. Where about is this Squealing coming from??
2. Have you Checked your Serpentine Belt lately that goes around the Alternator?
3. Do you have a CEL (check engine light) on??

Please advise further?
Old 03-13-2009, 21:41   #3 (permalink)

Thank you, good day to you also.

It sounds like the squealing is coming from the dash. It sounds like an electrical high pitch whine. I'm wondering if it is some voltage problem in the dash. Anytime I get home the sound is gone and try to wait for it to come back but never does.

I'll check the belt in the morning. I've had that squeal before and it doesn't sound like that at all.

And no the check engine light is not coming on.

You thinking it may be the alternator? I can take it and have the battery/alternator checked on Sunday or Monday. Have overtime next couple days.
Kiyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 20:25   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyot View Post
Thank you, good day to you also.

It sounds like the squealing is coming from the dash. It sounds like an electrical high pitch whine. I'm wondering if it is some voltage problem in the dash. Anytime I get home the sound is gone and try to wait for it to come back but never does.

I'll check the belt in the morning. I've had that squeal before and it doesn't sound like that at all.

And no the check engine light is not coming on.

You thinking it may be the alternator? I can take it and have the battery/alternator checked on Sunday or Monday. Have overtime next couple days.

Please....and Please advise further....I will P/M several of my friends here in the forum...Jwko, Tbird, Shoz, Chipset....to see if they may have a clue.
Old 12-03-2009, 17:04   #5 (permalink)

Question Re: 07 Taurus Squeal, Electrical problem

Sounds like I have the same issue.

Just purchased a 05 Taurus. I can be driving down the road and everything is fine. Then there is a high pitch electronic whine coming from the dash behind the steering wheel.

It varies in pitch when adjusting the dash lights. Stops randomly but always comes back.

Also does it with the motor off and the key in the on position.

It's definitly electronic from behind the dash. No CEL and no funny readouts on the info center display.

Has anyone figured it out the problem?
stevebucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 19:11   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebucher View Post
Sounds like I have the same issue.

Just purchased a 05 Taurus. I can be driving down the road and everything is fine. Then there is a high pitch electronic whine coming from the dash behind the steering wheel.

It varies in pitch when adjusting the dash lights. Stops randomly but always comes back.

Also does it with the motor off and the key in the on position.

It's definitly electronic from behind the dash. No CEL and no funny readouts on the info center display.

Has anyone figured it out the problem?

Hello and good day:

Do you have a CD player in your car, and a (or) a built in Nav System???

Also Does your Car Alarm work properly??

I had a problem with my Door locks on my 2000 taurus...I would use the Remote Key to unlock the doors...on of the Servos was not working correctly...it would stay in an open position causing a very loud Whine after it was open, but would go off after it started.

Your servo could be stuck open after you lock the doors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007