1990 sho problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2004, 10:29   #1 (permalink)

1990 sho problems

I have just purchased a 1990 sho and it has a few problems that I want to fix.

1. The air bag light is blinking. I was told that it is not a big deal and nothing is wrong, but it is so annoying.

2. The alternator light is on. The alternator light has been replaced, but the light is still on.

3. The door ajar light is on. I have opened and closed all doors and it still is on.

4. When I turn my head lights on my high beams a lamp out light appears in the corner. Is that light supposed to come on? All my head lights work fine and are not burned out. The only thing I can think of is one of my fog lights is out. Does that make a difference?

5. And my backup lights do not work. I think I just have to get new bulbs for them though.

Thank you for any information you have.
Majiktia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2004, 21:54   #2 (permalink)
Sho'n Off

Re: 1990 sho problems

1. When the airbag light blinks like that it is giving you a "trouble" code. You can see if your local parts store can check those codes or not. If not then maube ask around and see if anyone you know works at a dealership so they can use the Rotundra to check the codes.

2. This light could be just going bonkers. It could also mean that you have a low charge on your alternator. Check the regulator and see what the voltage is and that will tell you if your alternator is going bad. The local parts store can do that for you.

3. This means you have a faulty door pin on one of your doors. If you look in your door jam and in the middle you will see a "pin" that moves in when you close the door. If you find the faulty one you can either disconnect it or get a new one. They are pretty cheap.

4. I havent heard of this light before so I would have to say check all lights being low beams, high beams, and fog lights. If they all work then ya most likely have a bad connector somewhere. If it gets annoying you can always take the bulb out of the dash cluster.

5. With this its either you need new bulbs or the fuse is shot. So, check both and go from there.

Hope this helps!!!
2003 Explorer XLT Limited
Monroe, MI

I'd rather be judged by twelve then carried by six
98shotoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:09   #3 (permalink)

thankyou very much
Old 01-02-2005, 23:10   #4 (permalink)
Sho'n Off

Just checking to see if you got everything working or if ya need anymore help.
2003 Explorer XLT Limited
Monroe, MI

I'd rather be judged by twelve then carried by six
98shotoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:37   #5 (permalink)

confused Re: 1990 sho problems

Lol funny you should ask.

Well the alternator light just went away a few days ago, and I replaced all the bulbs in the front and back end of the car, the air bag light still is flashing but I was told it was an Ait sensor out of range, and the door ajar button is still on.

but just this last week I was driving it and got about 4 blocks from my destination and the thing did something really weird. It acted like I let off the clutch too soon and was jerky. i drove it one block more and made a left turn and there was a big clunk from the front right hand side of the car. then when i put it into gear agian to get going it did that jerky thing again half way through 1st gear then mad a big loud clunk from the front right side again and died.

I thought it might be clutch / tranny but my friend thought it might be engine or a combo of both.

I took it to a shop and they are going to tell me what is wrong. the guy who towed it to the shop took it for a drive and said he had never seen anything like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007