1993 Taurus GL 3.0L V6 AXOD injectors question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 21:53   #1 (permalink)
yol

1993 Taurus GL 3.0L V6 AXOD injectors question

Hi All !!

been some time now...nice to see how this forum expanded nicely!!

i plan on replacing a set of injectors but i am confused which ones should i take... as far as i know the installed set is the original one (car have 140,000 miles) and so far they are working ok but i know they have a longevity so i thought replacing them as a precaution.

any recommendations on a specific brand/manufacturer ?
are there any special tool required for this task ? (i have all the basic tools but never did injectors replacement).

Thanks for any help !!
yol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 10:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1993 Taurus GL 3.0L V6 AXOD injectors question

Why would you replace perfectly good working injectors ? I have 362,689 miles on my
3lt. Injectors work just fine. If it don't need fixin don't F%#k with it. I'd be more concerned
about replacing 02 sensors if they haven't been done in the last 3 years.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:35   #3 (permalink)
yol

Chipset,

i'll take your advise.

i just though being on the safe side.

since you brought it, which lamda should i look for ? is there one or two of them ? where are they mounted (physically where are they ? )

thanks !!
Old 05-15-2012, 12:45   #4 (permalink)

In the exhaust pipe by the cat. If your car is not showing an 02 code leave them alone too. Those engines are bullet proof. Keep the oil clean and use the proper oil and that motor will last longer than you want it to.
Old 05-15-2012, 20:26   #5 (permalink)
yol

ok, so i'll leave that too.
i will get the dtc codes reader as once in a while the check engine lamp goes on during driving but then after turning off the switch and on again it shuts off. so i wonder what causes it.
anyway, i always put liquimolly 15-40 oil, replaced every 6 months along with the oil and air filter.
i did have an oil leak which i found from the oil pressure unit which was cracked.
anyway till now (i have the car since 2004) i replaced the water pump, a/c compressor + drier, radiator and fixed the alternator a couple of times. i also had a problem with the transmission but at the time it happen i had no clue about this car so i paid big $$ for it to be fixed...
Old 05-16-2012, 09:44   #6 (permalink)

Why are you using diesel engine oil in your car ? That engine takes 5-30. You could do
serious damage on cold starts. Your oil is too thick for cold start protection. You may already have done damage to the bearings. You need a code reader for your check engine light.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:55   #7 (permalink)
yol

its the oil recommended by the user manual here.
dont forget that our climate is completely different than yours - our winter coldest temp dont get below 15 Celsius (59 Fahrenheit). or summer is not less than 30c (86F) and its most of the year that way.
Old 05-16-2012, 16:47   #8 (permalink)

I've never seen that. Go by what is printed under the hood. I have U.S. and Canadian
engines and they all say 5-30. that means temps from -40 in the winter and +100 in the
summer. We have those temps. here. Unless you have an odd ball engine they all use 5-30 or you have the wrong manual. Mind you i could be wrong. You may have the odd ball.
15-40 is diesel engine oil. No doubt about it.
Old 05-16-2012, 21:56   #9 (permalink)
yol

i remembered wrong - its a 10-40 synthetic suitable for gasoline engines.
i am running it for the past 4 years so it is not making any damage for sure.
filters are always original motorcraf FL-400S.
regarding the injectors - i thought maybe i should have a set as a backup for the case of...so which should i have ?
Old 05-17-2012, 18:47   #10 (permalink)

leave the injectors alone. Put the proper oil in your engine. 5-30. End of discussion.
they build engines around the oil. they don't build an engine and try to figure out what oil
to use. You haven't seen damage yet but you will. Put the wrong oil in a variable valve
timing engine and see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007