Ford Forums banner

1994 sho wont shart

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  atec77 
#1 ·
so u think fuel problem ? i disconected the line were it goes into the engine and tried to start it.. it came pouring out, it just seems weird that it completly died while running, i dont know uuugghhhh thanks

#3 ·
it looks as like it should be getting gas, unless im completly missing something, but i pulled the line out of the engine and it was pouring out, i tried a spark plug tester on each plug, and the light lit up, as far as timing, im not too sure, didnt really expect that to be a problem, cause of the way it died. although the mechanic at the dealer, told me to pull off the cam cover and check if a cam shattered. which also was not the case.

thanks

#4 ·
dontknowfords said:
it looks as like it should be getting gas, unless im completly missing something, but i pulled the line out of the engine and it was pouring out, i tried a spark plug tester on each plug, and the light lit up, as far as timing, im not too sure, didnt really expect that to be a problem, cause of the way it died. although the mechanic at the dealer, told me to pull off the cam cover and check if a cam shattered. which also was not the case.

thanks
you need to check if the spark is a solid blue , that it arrives at the right time and the motor has correctly timed compression , also are you SURE the fuel is getting past the injectors ?
of colour spark indicates coil or ignition modual might be faulty , if you say its ok I suspect maybe fuel delivery

#5 ·
when i hooked up the spark plug tester (cheap 5 dollar one at idiot zone) simple connect inbetween spark plug and wire, it lit up yellow, as far as the fuel getting past the injectors, i dont know... is there a simple test ? and compression not sure of that either, if there is a couple things i can try i'd mre then happy too, sinse this thing is dead anyway what can it hurt... i will check the coil
thanks...

#6 ·
dontknowfords said:
when i hooked up the spark plug tester (cheap 5 dollar one at idiot zone) simple connect inbetween spark plug and wire, it lit up yellow, as far as the fuel getting past the injectors, i dont know... is there a simple test ? and compression not sure of that either, if there is a couple things i can try i'd mre then happy too, sinse this thing is dead anyway what can it hurt... i will check the coil
thanks...
Spark should be a strong blue , I suffered a failed coul recently and it wouldnt start and threw a yellow spark , sometimes the ignition modual if it has a dizzy can cause this , can you try another coil ?
good luck

#9 ·
dontknowfords said:
i dont have access to another coil, i had a similar problem with a honda accord. there was a ton of corrosion, i will check if that could be the case, is there a way to have the coil checked ?
thanks
worst case is replace the coil and not fix it , or have a sparky come repair it .. remove a spark lead and test again for strong BLUE spark. then decide. Maybe a wrecker has a good coil ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.