1995 Taurus 4-Way Flasher Trouble - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2003, 15:04   #1 (permalink)

1995 Taurus 4-Way Flasher Trouble

I can't get the front passenger 4-way flasher to work. The turn signal works and the parking light works, so both filaments are powered. I swapped bulbs and the socket just to double check and both still work normally, but no flasher.

It appears that the problem is whatever switches the wiring from normal operation to flashing for that light assembly is not working, but it's not a wiring problem to the assembly. I ordered a shop manual so I can check the wiring diagram, but it won't be here for about a week. So I'm not sure where to check next.

If anyone have any thoughts on the potential problem , I'd appreciate help ASAP. I need to get a safety inspection and it won't pass until I fix it.
Chuck659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2003, 20:49   #2 (permalink)
Taurus Member

Have you changed the flasher unit yet? Most have 2 units.
Most are under the driver side dash or go to the auto part store.
They may show you where its located.
aford4you2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 19:36   #3 (permalink)

I fixed the 4-way flasher problem today. It took a while to figure out that the flasher for a 1995 is behind the dimmer switch (it just pulls out easily). But the flasher unit was fine, and probably can't cause just one bulb not to work.

A mechanic friend told me today that since only one light was out and that the light bulb worked in both the parking light and turn signal mode, that he thought it was a problem with the 4-way flasher switch. He told me to cycle it a bunch of times - that sometimes some of the electrical grease in it maybe covers the contacts (or maybe it was just dirty).

So I cycled it about 10 times and the bulb started working with the flasher switch too. I did figure out that if I put the turn signal switch to the right side, and then pushed the 4-way flasher, it would work that way too. But after a few more times of cycling the flasher switch, it's working fine.
Chuck659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 15:24   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: 1995 Taurus 4-Way Flasher Trouble

Sounds like your Flasher unit is going out. I would just replace it. They are usually under 10$ from any Ford house.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007