Re: 1995 Taurus starter issue
Finally to the root of the problem--I think--so far. Have to make sure I cover the unknown. It was a ground of the red (battery) wire to the ignition wire pin. Hard to explain, one almost needed to see it. How I got there.
1. disconected ignition wire-still tried to turn over.
2. Then I disconnected the wire from the power module, still tried to turn over.
an ah ha moment.
3. Only wire left-red one to the battery (by itself-nothing else at all connected to starter)
4. Checked under car, could not see an issue, but I loosened the nut moved the wire away from everything, connected cable back to the battery and a good sound occurred (no sound of starter trying to start the car) just silence.
5. reconnected everything else and still no issue.
6. turned key and car started and has worked ever since.
7. New starter wiring configuration was different ( ignition wire on different side which allowed a possible ground and it did.
Thanks for all the insights. Never had this before. Good learning experience.