1999 ford taurus occasionally stalling out - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 10:14   #1 (permalink)

1999 ford taurus occasionally stalling out

I will try to be as brief as possible and tell you what I have already done.

1. New spark plugs / wires
2. New Fuel filter
3. Lines have been treated with chemicals (over and over again)
4. Tested the Idle Air Control Valve voltage from the pcm which was fine. Ran radio, heat, air, power steering, and could not get idle air control to make it stall today... so I don't think that is it.
5. Battery is definitely a big old, and dies on cold days, but is okay

Here is what happens

1. Mostly on cold days, but not always, could be hot day too, car tries to stall, sometimes just when starting up, most of the time when driving. When you try to accelerate (sometimes), it will hesitate start bucking, and feel like it is going to stall. If you keep pushing the gas pedal it will not increase speed no matter how hard you push the gas down when this happens, and I gradually have to slow down with my flashers and pull off the road and restart the car and try to drive home at 10-30 mph as it won't usually go over this when the problem occurs.

Here is what I didn't do, I did not change my fuel pump. Does anybody think it is the pump? Or something else. This is all becoming a lot of money to fix and mechanic has failed a few times at it. My wife just wants the car fixed or sold. She thinks it is such a simple ordeal, but then again attractive women think that things are so easy. She said she would call her guy friend to come fix it, but don't really want him over you know what I mean lol. My wife is very attractive. Thanks. I will barter help with my skills, I can remotely fix your computer or diagnose it for you, or other issues. I also have a diverse background in construction and can barter my advice.
chembuff1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 10:25   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 1999 ford taurus occasionally stalling out

Sounds like car is going into limp mode . Have you had it scanned to see if any codes are shown ?
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:31   #3 (permalink)

I did scan it in the past. I read about limp mode as you posted it Logan. I will check and take screenshots of the scanner later (wife has other car at work, scanner is in the car, unless she comes home on break). I checked for leaks on the crank sensor too just a few minutes ago from the engine coolant to see if it was causing my crank sensors to act up as the internet says. No fluids seem to be going down there. Attached picture of wife lol. She was driving the car the most. I'm white, she's black. She thinks she knows everything. She is telling me it was similar problem to her old car. Her car had a catalytic converter. I was just like honey you don't even know what you are talking about. She was telling me pulling out a hose and spraying starting fluid would fix it... lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wife.jpg (80.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-04-2012, 11:46   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

Your wife may be right . Could be the cat breaking up inside or partially blocked .
Old 11-04-2012, 17:59   #5 (permalink)

i meant carberator lol
Old 11-05-2012, 04:04   #6 (permalink)
Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by chembuff1982 View Post
i meant carberator lol

The carburettor you dont have on that car ????
Old 11-05-2012, 10:25   #7 (permalink)

I think the catalytic converter was changed recently too. I have the scanner today, what should I look for when I scan?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007