2000 Ford taurus codes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2004, 14:28   #1 (permalink)

2000 Ford taurus codes

Hi there people i have a 2000 ford Taurus 77.000 miles and all of the sudden it started spudering and the check engine light came on steady and aafter a while it started blinking.Now the spudering is constant so i took it to advance auto parts and got the codes read which stated PO301 and PO171 which is bank 1 to lean but i am guessing its probably cause of the missfire.any idea what this can actually be i have had two tauruses a 2002 and a 2000 and they have both had the same problem. Any help will be apreciated.
reggie4828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2004, 16:09   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: 2000 Ford taurus codes

po301 is cylinder 1 misfiring. This could be any number of reasons.

1. Bad plug
2. loose lead
3. Bad Ignition coild
4. Ignition circuit going bad
5. Injector failing
6. Upstream HO2S have a build up of carbon on them
7. Compression pressure issues
8. Timing belt needs replacement or adjustment.
9. Crankshaft position sensor dirty or failing
10. Air intake dirty of failing
11. MAP Sensor failing
12. Fuel pressure dropped or even have a clogged fuelfilter
13. Crankshaft position sensor circuit and connector failures
or even just a Bad tune

With the bank one lean code it could be
1. MAP sensor output failing
2. Dirty Injector
3. Fuel pressure issues
4. Intake air leaks
5. Heated oxygen sensor has too much carbon build up or is failing.

Putting 2 and 2 together I would look at the plugs, leads,
O2's and check your injectors. Without really being able to see it first hand I am guessing at what would need to be replaced, but with the indications and codes it generally falls into one of the 4 i pointed out.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:13   #3 (permalink)

cool Re: 2000 Ford taurus codes

hi there its me again Thanks for your advice it really helped. Ok lets start i took the car to a reputable mechanic and strated a diagnosis with a Modis Scan tool by doing all the test that thing was able to do we started by a major tune up first we installed new wires and plugs,fuel filter,air filter.Nothing changed yes it needed wires it even had one broken.After that he started to check egr vacuums here and there and nothing would apear to be bad it just kept on saying missfire cyl:1 and bank one to lean so he said lets go for a ride and gun this thing. so we did after a while of driving the problem was gone and he said i think i know what it is so as we went back to his shop it started again got there and started taking injector plugs out all made the condition worse except for one so he got a little tool and hit the dumb thing and it started working.After almost 500.00 dollars finally found the problem it was injector #2 very cheap part guys labor is a little upscale.

Hope this can help
Reggie
reggie4828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007