2000 Mercury Sable A/C cuts out - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 08:22   #1 (permalink)

2000 Mercury Sable A/C cuts out

Hello everyone,
I have a 2000 Merc Sable with the non-Duratec V6 and it does not have the automatic climate control..Just the plain old temp selector knob.
My A/C will intermittantly cut out and blow outside air/warm air. When the A/C cuts out the compressor also shuts of, if I turn the motor off for 10 or so minutes and re-start the car the compressor will run again...for 10 of 15 minutes!
I checked the pressure and was a bit low on 'R-134a...I have since recharged the system but still have the same problem.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Have you resolved it? How?

I have read many posts that talk about running a diagnostic! is this possible when you don't have the automatic climate control??

Any help is appreciated!!
FCSDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 09:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2000 Mercury Sable A/C cuts out

How did you charge it and with what ? What is your high side pressure ? What is the temp inside the car when the compressor goes off ? What is the pressure on the accumulator side of the low pressure cut out ? Do your fans run when the AC is on ? What was the pressure before you charged it ? You can't just throw a charge into it just because that is what everyone does for a "fix all ". You need to know how the system works and what every system and part does. You can ruin a system by over charging it and if you use one of those charge cans without knowing what you are doing you can also ruin the system. Without a complete examination of your system there is not much i can do to help you. Good luck.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007