Ford Forums banner

2000 Taurus ax4n trans trouble code

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
With only 53,000 miles on a 2000 Taurus, I had to have the AX4N transmission completely rebuilt by a shop (the drum inside ultimately failed-per the trans shop). About a week later, backing out of the garage I got a trans issue notification via the dash light (trans flashing signal and then the engine light signal) but with no noticable difference in operation. The OBD II scanner showed a P0705 code: "Trans ranger sensor circuit malfunction". I cleared the code and then when shifting to reverse the trans light and engine light again lit up.
Took the car back to the shop and they placed a scanner on it and all the tech did was unplug the 8 pin connector to the sensor and replugged it in. He cleared the code and then showed me how he went through each gear selection and each gear showed up on his scanner w/ no trouble light. So I hopped in the car, backed it out of the shop and drove it to a shopping center before I went home, all with no issues. After shopping and as I was backing out of the parking space, the trans and then the engine lights came on.
At home, I unplugged the 8-pin connector, thinking it might have been damaged during the trans rebuild. It seemed fine, the clip was clean and intact. I made sure the tab clicked when reconnecting it for a good solid connection. I cleared the code and then when shifting it into reverse the lights on the dash lit up again.
Is this an adjustment issue or can the trans range sensor be going?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.