2000 Taurus doesn't blow air through vents - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 22:07   #1 (permalink)

2000 Taurus doesn't blow air through vents

Hello all,

I have a 2000 Ford Taurus. It started blowing hot air a couple months ago because I needed a recharge. I went to get it recharged last week. When I picked it up from the mechanic, it was blowing cold air, but only of the top defroster vents. I asked the mechanic what happened and he said, "Must be a coincidence. It never blew out of the front vents as long as we had it."

Even when it was blowing hot air, it was blowing out of the front vents and I heard no squeaking, etc.

Needless to say, I'm trying to see if this is something I can figure out on my own. I was thinking it might be the blower motor but I guess if it were that it wouldn't blow out the defroster vents either. Any ideas? Vacuum issue maybe?
justinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 22:36   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: 2000 Taurus doesn't blow air through vents

Hi Justin. Welcome to the forums.

Have a look at these threads.

01 Taurus, Wont blow AC out of the Vents..

No airflow from vents

A/C blows through defrost
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:39   #3 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

He might have knocked a vacuum line off.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:58   #4 (permalink)

I'd suggest you find another mechanic. They knew it didn't blow out of the vents when
brought in and they should have fixed it on their own. Not send the car back out like that.
It's NOT FIXED. How long does it take to reconnect a vacuum line ? What a bunch of assholes.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 14:08   #5 (permalink)

Hey all,

Thanks for the welcome and advice. I think I may have found the problem. One of the vacuum line's was connected on one end but hanging off of the other. Either the diagram under my hood isn't very clear or I just can't understand it.

However, I took a photo of where the 1st end of the line is connected. If you check this photo, it's right to the right of dipstick for the transmission fluid. I circled where it's connected in red. It's connected onto like a gold connector. Anyone have any ideas where the other end of this hose goes? Just searched around for an hour and couldn't find the other end. The hose is maybe only like 12-14 inches so it can't be too far away.

Last edited by justinj; 07-15-2012 at 14:10. Reason: accurate picture
Old 07-15-2012, 16:51   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

That is a vent hose for the transmission. Be sure you run that hose back up by the master cylinder and make sure the end of the hose pointed downward and don't plug the end.

Old 07-15-2012, 20:26   #7 (permalink)

Awesome thanks for the diagram.. I'll take a look tomorrow when I get home from work since I'm not driving that car tomorrow..
Old 07-16-2012, 15:48   #8 (permalink)

Hey, thank you much for the diagram. I'm probably going to take it back to a mechanic. I took a look and it's connected on the left side as shown, but on the right side I just cannot locate where it's supposed to be plugged in.

Also, the frustration lives on because that won't be what's causing the issue with air coming through the vents.

I'll take it to another mechanic and if they tell me a vacuum line was completely disco'd I'm going to go back to my old mechanic and tell him that since they're denying they did anything. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2012, 19:49   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

If you're talking about the hose pictured above, only one side is supposed to be connected. Its a vent only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007