Ford Forums banner

2000 taurus P0191 error fuel rail pressure regulator

19K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Sterling_Six 
#1 ·
Ran a test on my 2000 taurus V6 3.0L flex engine. Got a P0191 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance error. Went and bought a fuel rail regulator. I know its near the fuel rail but can't find it. Can someone tell me where it is located. Thanks. Also, Could I get this error if the fuel filter is clogged or is something else going on like the fuel pump. When I do get it running it runs rough. Can't press the gas hard or it will stall. Have to feather it to keep it running. Thanks.

#2 ·
Unfortunately another D.I.Y.'r bites the dust. That code doesn't necessarily mean a bad
fuel regulator. You might want to take it back. You have to do more testing. You probably have a bad pump. You cannot take a trouble code as gospel. There are many
problems that will trigger one code. You need a real time date stream code reader to find
out what your pump is running at. They are NOT CHEAP. If you have 100 % and low
pressure you need a pump. Send it to a qualified tech or service center. If you have lots of money and like to replace parts go for it. you might get it fixed. No offence but i've
seen people spend thousands of dollars to replace a one hundred dollar part that a shop
could do in less than one hour because they thought it was too expensive to send it out.
Think of this. Your time should be worth $75.00 per hour plus your parts. If you are
playing around your time could be worth more than your car before you get it fixed after
guessing all week. Your problem could by completely unrelated to any of the above.
You never know. If that is the case please disregaurd this post.

#3 ·
:avd::avd:

Hello and good day:

First step of action would be to install a new fuel filter. Remove the filter that is on the car and be careful not to let the fuel to flow backwards out of the filter. Then wipe the inlet end of the filter clean. Attach a hose to the inlet of the filter and see if you can blow through the filter. Be sure to do this over a drain pan. If you can not blow air through the filter with little effort then I would install a new filter. If this does not resolve the problem, then you will be looking at a new fuel pump module. I would double check all of the circuits to the fuel pump module, before replacing. The fuel pump driver module is located in the right hand side of the trunk if the vehicle is a sedan.

Also check this link: RockAuto Parts Catalog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.