2000 taurus P0191 error fuel rail pressure regulator - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 12:00   #1 (permalink)

2000 taurus P0191 error fuel rail pressure regulator

Ran a test on my 2000 taurus V6 3.0L flex engine. Got a P0191 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance error. Went and bought a fuel rail regulator. I know its near the fuel rail but can't find it. Can someone tell me where it is located. Thanks. Also, Could I get this error if the fuel filter is clogged or is something else going on like the fuel pump. When I do get it running it runs rough. Can't press the gas hard or it will stall. Have to feather it to keep it running. Thanks.
jejvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2009, 13:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2000 taurus P0191 error fuel rail pressure regulator

Unfortunately another D.I.Y.'r bites the dust. That code doesn't necessarily mean a bad
fuel regulator. You might want to take it back. You have to do more testing. You probably have a bad pump. You cannot take a trouble code as gospel. There are many
problems that will trigger one code. You need a real time date stream code reader to find
out what your pump is running at. They are NOT CHEAP. If you have 100 % and low
pressure you need a pump. Send it to a qualified tech or service center. If you have lots of money and like to replace parts go for it. you might get it fixed. No offence but i've
seen people spend thousands of dollars to replace a one hundred dollar part that a shop
could do in less than one hour because they thought it was too expensive to send it out.
Think of this. Your time should be worth $75.00 per hour plus your parts. If you are
playing around your time could be worth more than your car before you get it fixed after
guessing all week. Your problem could by completely unrelated to any of the above.
You never know. If that is the case please disregaurd this post.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 18:43   #3 (permalink)

Re: 2000 taurus P0191 error fuel rail pressure regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejvr View Post
Ran a test on my 2000 taurus V6 3.0L flex engine. Got a P0191 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance error. Went and bought a fuel rail regulator. I know its near the fuel rail but can't find it. Can someone tell me where it is located. Thanks. Also, Could I get this error if the fuel filter is clogged or is something else going on like the fuel pump. When I do get it running it runs rough. Can't press the gas hard or it will stall. Have to feather it to keep it running. Thanks.

Hello and good day:

First step of action would be to install a new fuel filter. Remove the filter that is on the car and be careful not to let the fuel to flow backwards out of the filter. Then wipe the inlet end of the filter clean. Attach a hose to the inlet of the filter and see if you can blow through the filter. Be sure to do this over a drain pan. If you can not blow air through the filter with little effort then I would install a new filter. If this does not resolve the problem, then you will be looking at a new fuel pump module. I would double check all of the circuits to the fuel pump module, before replacing. The fuel pump driver module is located in the right hand side of the trunk if the vehicle is a sedan.

Also check this link: RockAuto Parts Catalog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007

Related Reading: 2000 taurus P0191 error fuel rail pressure regulator