2001 Sable issues - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 16:36   #1 (permalink)

2001 Sable issues

I have two things going on. when i turn my 2001 Sable (9,100 miles on it yes only 9,100 miles) to the right or left i hear a popping noise. This isnt driven much so coud it really be the cv joint? also, my spare key no longer starts the car. I hear it try to start i have all power going to everything but car wont turn over. I get my other key and it starts right up no issues.

can any one help? is this car possesed my ghosts or something??
hoyanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 16:52   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 2001 Sable issues

Is the popping noise when driving setting still or both? When you say the key won't start it does the engine crank and not start?
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 16:59   #3 (permalink)

popping noise only happens when driving. and the engine wont turn over with the spare key, but if i use the key i use daily it turns right over
Old 10-04-2009, 17:23   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Do you have to turn sharp or over bumps. Slow speed or fairly fast? Sharp turns or any turns.does it sound like in the steering wheel area or lower right or left? Do you live in a rust prone area? So it does crank the engine, it just won't start? Sorry to ask so many questions but it may help to answer what you cars problem is. The more details, the easier to get an idea where t have you check. Some things don't need that much information but noise in some areas do.
Old 10-04-2009, 17:28   #5 (permalink)

When i make a turn going fast or slow it makes a popping noise which sounds like its coming from steering column or wheel area. i say steering column because that's where i feel it. yes i live in a rust prone area, western ny uses salt on the roads to melt the snow, but hardly driven in winter. car has been sitting since January. with regards to the engine starting, it starts right up when using my key i use every day, but when i had to use my spare key, the spare key wouldnt start the car. using the spare key all accessories worked (windows, radio, blower motor etc) i can turn the key but it just wont start. the theft light keeps lighting up.

thanks for your help
Old 10-04-2009, 17:40   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

If you can't get it to make a noise setting still, you'll probably have to take it to an alignment shop or someone you've used and ask them o drive it. As far as the key, the system must have lost it's programing. Do you only have the 2 keys? If you have another one you can try to reprogram it. It only works if you have 2 keys already programmed. Check the owners manual for instructions.
Old 10-04-2009, 17:47   #7 (permalink)

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007