2001 Taurus Lockup Converter Question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 16:05   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2001 Taurus Lockup Converter Question

Is there any possible way I can unhook the lockup converter? This thing is beginning to get on my nerves. At a steady cruising speed it sometimes kicks in and out constantly for no reason and also at times when it tries to kick in it will slip in and out several times so fast it seem as transmission is slipping.

If there is no way to unhook this would anyone like to buy a POS 2001 Taurus with 88k? The Clock keeps perfect time
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2006, 04:30   #2 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

Re: 2001 Taurus Lockup Converter Question

You can due it with some tuning. You will notice if the AC/heater is in floor or vent it will not do it.
SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:17   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Your talking about the A/C comperssor clutch right? Yeah that runs in almost all positions and another stupid idea Ford had. There is nothing like driving around in the winter and your A/C compressor cycling. I know its supposed to while the defrost is on.

My problem is definitely in the lockup converter, I know what you are trying to say with the a/c cycling, im used to that, this is much more annoying. I know in the older days of the chevrolet there was a 4 prong plug a person could unplug and be done with it, but im guessing it wont be that easy.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 17:34   #4 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

The Ford OEM programming will cycle the TC clutch when the AC compressor is turned on and off. This can be cured.
SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007