2001 Taurus temperature control knob - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2007, 12:31   #1 (permalink)

2001 Taurus temperature control knob

Hi,
Again I have a problem with A/C in 2001 Taurus V6 3.0 SOHC.
Thing I found not normal is about temperature control knob in climate control panel.

In my experience, when I set it in the middle of hot and cold, it probably blow normal air (no A/c or heater would be turned on). But in my car a little bit of hot air is coming out.

I'm not sure whether is due to bad resistor or something in temp control knob or bad temperature sensor or any parts related to air blender system.

Please help me with your thought. Thank you!!!
yoonsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2007, 08:36   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: 2001 Taurus temperature control knob

If it blows cold when you set it all the way cold and blows hot when you set it hot, then it is fine.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 14:04   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

When controler is on vent, one click to the left from off position and temp control on cold that is blowing outside air.

I am almost positive that all other positions except off use the A/C compressor on the 01 Taurus.

Sounds to me like its working correctly.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 17:32   #4 (permalink)

confused Re: 2001 Taurus temperature control knob

I have a 2002 Ford Taurus that seems to put out heat no matter where the temperature control knob is set. I imagine it would be too good to hope I can just replace the knob. Any ideas on this? Thanks.
mcmurraysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 17:38   #5 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: 2001 Taurus temperature control knob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmurraysc View Post
I have a 2002 Ford Taurus that seems to put out heat no matter where the temperature control knob is set. I imagine it would be too good to hope I can just replace the knob. Any ideas on this? Thanks.
Most common issue is the temp. blend door actuator on the A/C box. Dash does not have to come out, just the ICP (Radio/climate controls) and the plastic shield under the R. side of the dash and you can get at the bolts through the ICP opening and under the R. side of the dash.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 19:16   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird100636 View Post
Most common issue is the temp. blend door actuator on the A/C box. Dash does not have to come out, just the ICP (Radio/climate controls) and the plastic shield under the R. side of the dash and you can get at the bolts through the ICP opening and under the R. side of the dash.
Thanks for such a quick reply. OK, sounds easy enough. Will it be obvious what I am looking for when I get in there?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:05   #7 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: 2001 Taurus temperature control knob

Quote:
Thanks for such a quick reply. OK, sounds easy enough. Will it be obvious what I am looking for when I get in there?
Yep, just a square box on the side of the heater box, one connector.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:28   #8 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

AC compressor may come on with any setting but floor or vent.
SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 16:38   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird100636 View Post
Yep, just a square box on the side of the heater box, one connector.
Thanks again. This does not sound to difficult. I do have a question about the wiring. I don't know if this fits this thread, but you may be able to help and it could relate to this problem.
I purchased this vehicle at auction recently. It is in pretty good shape but has a few issues I am trying to work through. Power windows are not working either. I may post that later since I thought I had a lead on the problem but it did not pan out.
Anyway, I notice that at some time a wire was attached to the fuse box with a paper clip. It was just dangling when I got the car. I tried to follow the wire into the dash but it gets mingled into a fairly large bundle and I can't track it from there. I have not wanted to take the whole dash off in order to try and follow it since most everything seems to be working ok. Just the pwr windows and now realizing that I only get heat all the time on any setting of temp or location. I think I can tell where the wire was attached to the fuse box and it appears that the color was orange with a green stripe. Originally I was looking thought this may have something to do with the window problem but I saw nothing the same color in the door, plus the wires in the door for the windows are of a heavier gage.
You would not happen to know where this orange/green wire goes and if it may relate the anything with the temp. blend door actuator. I was able to come across some wire diagrams and orange is listed where the temp. blend door actuator is shown, but not with another color stripe.
If needed I can take pictures or include the any diagrams I have.
Thanks
Old 04-01-2008, 21:52   #10 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

Question Re: 2001 Taurus temperature control knob

Quote:
Thanks again. This does not sound to difficult. I do have a question about the wiring. I don't know if this fits this thread, but you may be able to help and it could relate to this problem.
I purchased this vehicle at auction recently. It is in pretty good shape but has a few issues I am trying to work through. Power windows are not working either. I may post that later since I thought I had a lead on the problem but it did not pan out.
Anyway, I notice that at some time a wire was attached to the fuse box with a paper clip. It was just dangling when I got the car. I tried to follow the wire into the dash but it gets mingled into a fairly large bundle and I can't track it from there. I have not wanted to take the whole dash off in order to try and follow it since most everything seems to be working ok. Just the pwr windows and now realizing that I only get heat all the time on any setting of temp or location. I think I can tell where the wire was attached to the fuse box and it appears that the color was orange with a green stripe. Originally I was looking thought this may have something to do with the window problem but I saw nothing the same color in the door, plus the wires in the door for the windows are of a heavier gage.
You would not happen to know where this orange/green wire goes and if it may relate the anything with the temp. blend door actuator. I was able to come across some wire diagrams and orange is listed where the temp. blend door actuator is shown, but not with another color stripe.
If needed I can take pictures or include the any diagrams I have.
Thanks
I'll address the wire for now. Does it have an auto dimming mirror??? When I had my 2001 Taurus SEL I added an auto dimming rear view mirror. One of the wires hooked to an existing fuse using a special clip that attached to one of the fuse blades. Does it have an aftermarket remote start??? Are you looking at the wiring with the knee blocker panel out???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007