Ford Forums banner

2003 Taurus Airbag Light

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ecasey1981 
#1 ·
I hit a deer in my 2003 Taurus at 70 mph last fall, and although the front driver corner damage was fairly extensive, everything has since been repaired. BUT... the airbag light still comes on. I am told that there are two airbag sensors in the front of the car, one in the front bumper and the other in the firewall... obviously I'm pretty sure the one in the bumper got messed up. I happened to get the car inspected at a place that ignored the light and passed it anyway (although they did try resetting the sensor, to no effect), but I want it taken care of. I recently visited a chain parts/service store and was told that only a Ford dealer can fix this problem, as it's illegal for anyone else to do so. Is this true? If so, how much can I expect to spend? Thanks...

#3 ·
I'm not sure, it blinks off and for the first minute or so, but blinks slowly (there are several seconds where it's not lit) before staying on for the rest of the time the car is running. Unfortunately insurance is no longer an option because it happened so long ago. I'll call around and see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.