2005 Taurus airbag code 19 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 21:59   #1 (permalink)

2005 Taurus airbag code 19

I have a 2005 Taurus that is displaying an airbag code 19. There has been no accident or work on the vehcile. Can't find a list of airbag codes for the 2005 or another instance of that code on the forum.

Anyone know what code 19 is?
Thanks,
Ron
deeyasTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2009, 22:13   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: 2005 Taurus airbag code 19

Code 19 means Restraint Control Module data memory is full. If I'm understanding correctly, this module will need to be replaced to clear this code. I'm not 100% sure the exact location, but it's somewhere under the center of the dash, close to the heating and cooling controls.

Did you recently buy this car? Reason why I ask, this code usually means the air bags have deployed at some time.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 22:18   #3 (permalink)

We bought it used two 1/2 years ago with a clean carfax report. It has not had an accident since we have owned it and the airbag light problem just started.
I don't know why that would happen.
Thanks for the help on the code.
deeyasTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 17:40   #4 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeyasTaurus View Post
I have a 2005 Taurus that is displaying an airbag code 19. There has been no accident or work on the vehcile. Can't find a list of airbag codes for the 2005 or another instance of that code on the forum.

Anyone know what code 19 is?
Thanks,
Ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwko View Post
Code 19 means Restraint Control Module data memory is full. If I'm understanding correctly, this module will need to be replaced to clear this code. I'm not 100% sure the exact location, but it's somewhere under the center of the dash, close to the heating and cooling controls.

Did you recently buy this car? Reason why I ask, this code usually means the air bags have deployed at some time.
Actually, it means Driver Front Airbag Circuit Failure. I'd post the diagnostic procedure on here, but it's several pages long. Possible clockspring issue.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:39   #5 (permalink)

Smile Re: 2005 Taurus airbag code 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwko View Post

I had the same code 19 on my 2006 Taurus. Replacing the clock spring corrected the problem. I did not touch the module. Replaced the clockspring and the system proves out like it is supposed to. Just an FYI. First the air bag light started staying on and then later the cruise started acting up. Clock spring fixed both.
apple1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:48   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Thanks for the info.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007