Ford Forums banner

91 taurus no power

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  the bc devil 
#1 ·
i have a 91 taurus stw.3.8L, fully loaded power everything, it wasnt starting so i changed the starter, the solinoid,and put in a new bat.and now i dont have any power at all all my wires are in good shape that i can see, if anybody has any idea as to what it may be PLEASE let me know as i really like my car but am on the verge of selling it!!!!

#2 ·
the bc devil said:
I have a 91 Taurus stw. 3.8L, fully loaded power everything, it wasnt starting so I changed the starter, the solenoid, and put in a new battery. Now I don't have any power at all all my wires are in good shape that I can see, if anybody has any idea as to what it may be PLEASE let me know as I really like my car but am on the verge of selling it!!!!
When you did the solenoid did you put the wires on the right terminals??? The Positive battery cable goes on one side with the accessory wires, the other heavy cable is for the starter, goes on the other side of the solenoid. Check the negative battery cable connections. There is one connection on the bellhousing or one of the starter bolts. Should be a group size 65 battery with the positive terminal next to the air cleaner towards the L. side of the vehicle. What was the initial problem, starter just clicking, no cranking at all???

#4 ·
i truly belive i did but now i am wondering if i didnt put one on the wrong side,i know that everything else is hoked up right,is there a place where i can see a repair manual without having to pay for it. the initial problem was that the starter wouldnt even click,the solinoid would.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.