Ford Forums banner

'93 taurus intermediate jerk

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Pablo-UA 
#1 ·
when tranny shifts into second.

Not so hard jerk, but sometimes at accelerating at 2500-3500 RPM jerks and jerks when I drive up a hill at third and tranny shifts down into 2nd.

well, it happens twice a day usually... not all the time...

any tips, gentelmen?

#3 ·
i call it intermediate.... not so sudden.... )
ok... it really hapens suddenly. usually I feel that tranny shifting up does something wrong... some delay and I release gas pedal and no jerk but sometimes I do not feel this delay in time and tranny shifts up with jerk. Sometimes car runs very smoothly.

I get more jerks when engine/tranny are hot.

I suggest band ore may be shifting solenoid of 2nd gear band...

#4 ·
" I suggest band ore may be shifting solenoid of 2nd gear band... ". None of the above.
1993 - 1995 had serious pressure regulator and pressure relief problems in the valve body. There are change ups for that IF that is your problem. Send it out and have the codes pulled. you will not fix this yourself. good luck.

#5 ·
I tried to pull codes. no tranny related codes yet. No CEL. I suggest I have some pressure related issues. But really I feel it becouse I drive this car every day for many miles around city with many trafic lights and some grid stops.... no any problem on hightway.
I had some simolar issues with sold a mounth ago aerostar. I used to ajust bands to get smooth shifting. Later I converted it to 5 st manual tranny...
No I drive FWD car with auto... This is really my first FWD car... I used to drive something more trucky before..

#6 ·
ouh... tried to access solenoids.... drop the main pan, removed side pan and got enought room to pull out two solenoids held with steel retaners... no dirt... solenoids look fine...
ATF is clean, no bad smell... well, had a couple of errands today, no jerk.... what's gping on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.