94 taurus wagon remote entry programming - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 13:52   #1 (permalink)
Pimp Taurus Wagon

94 taurus wagon remote entry programming

Hey all,

I have had a 94 taurus wagon for over a year now (thankfully no major transmission problems) and decided to try and see of one of thoughs keyless remotes would work on my car, i kinda figured it would because my cars windows, locks and even rear hatch/trunk release is electric. the instructions on the remote tell me to jumper pins on a connector located in the rear left quarter panel int hte trunk on the car. well i assume they are refering to the sadan version because I cant find a connector anywhere back there. looked in my dougnut spare compartment and everything with out any luck.

Im hoping someone here knows where (if my car is equipped) this connector is located on the wagon body style.

any help would be appreceated.

thanks,
Jason Hill
kd7tqn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2008, 14:24   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: 94 taurus wagon remote entry programming

: Working keys required: 1
Working remotes required: 0
Programming connector should be located in the trunk/hatch area, drivers side behind the trim panel, taped to the wiring harness that leas to the rear tail light.
It's a white or light grey plastic connector with 2 terminals that are not plugged into anything.

Put the ign. switch in the "run" or "accessory" position, and 'momentarily' jump the two program connector terminals with a jumper wire.
The system will respond by locking and unlocking the doors.
Press any button and the locks will cycle again to confirm programming, or the horn will chirp.
Do the same to any additional remotes. (up to four)
Turn ign. switch to off.
Locks will cycle or the horn will chirp

Good luck!
Let us know if it works for you.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 15:12   #3 (permalink)
Pimp Taurus Wagon

Thanks for the info, I have looked back there and there wasnt any connector that was free or not plugged into something back there. could it be that its in a different location for the wagons? i would think they would make one basic wiring harness, but i could be wrong. is there a controller somewhere that i could look for to confirm that it has the functionality or is that integrated into the main computer for the car?

Jason
Old 06-10-2008, 19:18   #4 (permalink)
Always the student

Not sure about the location. The info on keyless ride only showed for a regular Tarus. Check with Keyless Ride, There is a number you can call for help. Here is a link to their site.
http://www.keylessride.com/locksmiths/default.asp
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 14:49   #5 (permalink)
Pimp Taurus Wagon

I called them and they wouldnt help me because I didnt buy the remote through them.
Old 06-11-2008, 19:15   #6 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: 94 taurus wagon remote entry programming

It really depends on the model wether it has RKE or not. A GL would be least as likely to have Remote keyless entry than an LX. I'll have to look it up where the module is.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 19:27   #7 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: 94 taurus wagon remote entry programming

From what I can see, you will have remote keyless entry IF you have the keypad on the LF door. If so, then the illuminated entry module is replaced with the remote keyless entry module (Does the same things illuminated entry module does plus the RKE). It should be located behind the Left Rear interior 1/4 trim panel. The test connector should be there too. If you can see the module, look for a part number label. Besides the part # will be a seperate 5 digit code. This would indicate it is an RKE module other than the keypad.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 23:55   #8 (permalink)
Pimp Taurus Wagon

I found some kind of module back there. the part number on it is e3ab-130718-aa and a engraved on it is 4a24. prolly not what we are looking for, but thats whats back there.

im taking it that my car may not have RKE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007