Ford Forums banner

95 sable with front end creaking noise

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  05TaurSE 
#1 ·
I have replaced the struts in the front end and I still cant figure out where the noise is coming from.Does anyone have this same problem please help. andy suggestions will be appreciated.thanks

#4 ·
If you greased the stabilizer bar bushings and they are all cracked than you will find your noise will come back soon. Its is better to replace worn out bushings rather than do a Band-Aid type fix. Then again, to do the bushings you have to drop the rear of the subframe to replace them. Just some food for thought...

#5 ·
I would take a look at both outer tie rods first...you can grab and twist them and if they squeak then replace the pair and have the car aligned...

Ford installed sealed units, most, if not all parts now come greaseable so that doesn't happen...

it could also be a noisy upper strut bearing, or a dry balljoint. remove the outer tie rod from the spindle and turn the spindle and try to localize the noise and note any binding or roughness...

More often than not, its usually dry outer tie rods that make that noise...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.