Ford Forums banner

96 Sable 3.0 OHV, no start

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ringo 
#1 ·
Pulled into the driveway and the next day it wouldn't start. 169K on the engine, Replaced the Crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor. PCM, tried junk yard CCRM. No blown fuses, correct voltage at all of the sensors. No error codes HELP!

#2 ·
Does it crank??? Does it have fuel pressure??? Does it have spark??? Does it have SecureLock chip key system??? If so flashing or solid THEFT light???

#3 ·
Yes, it cranks over. I have fuel pressure. Every once in awhile I hear it fire out the exhaust, otherwise there is no spark. Changed the coil pack just to throw money at it. It ran great the day before, the next morning, nothing. I thought maybe the timing chain had jumped but that doesn't make sense. I do not believe there is an alarm system on the car from the factory. There is a aftermarket but I took it out of the system, At least I hope the Ford people did not install it, hodge podge at best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.