AC Problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 18:44   #1 (permalink)
Ford man since 1980-27yrs

AC Problem

Today it was 31c and I was using my ac and it was great!cold as ice and really enjoying it but when I stopped at the local paint store to pick up some suppies and came back(left the car running with the air on)It was shooting hot air and temp was 31c in the car!!!I drove out onto the road and the temp went to cold again.It seems to not go cold while stopped,any ideas?
95 sable and 100000km(car looks new)This was the first time I used the ac this year but all winter I turn it on for 5-10 mins as per manual.
extremetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2005, 20:01   #2 (permalink)
wes

Re: AC Problem

check fan, if viscous type fan may not be working correctly due to lack of oil in fan hub itself, symptoms u describe indicate its not getting airflow thru condensor at idle ( like when stopped), alternatively, it may be fitted with thermo fan(s) for the air con itself which also might not be working (could be as simple as blown fuse)
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:35   #3 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: AC Problem

REALITY CHECK---A 92-95 SABLE DOES NOT HAVE A VISCOUS FAN. IT IS A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE WITH A TRANSVERSE DRIVETRAIN!!!!!! From what was described, it would be a fan problem. The ELECTRIC FAN is supposed to come on when the A/C is on to pull heat out of the condensor. It shuts off at 40 MPH which is when sufficient airflow is present to remove the heat. Check the fuse in the power distrubution center in the LR corner of the engine compartment. If it is blown try a new fuse. If it blows right away then you have a short circuit in the fan circuit. Depending on what engine you have will help determine how to test the fan motor. Connect a jumper wire to the brown/orange or the blue wire on one end and to the positive baterry terminal on the other end. The fan should operate if the ground is ok. You may have a bad constant control relay module which controls the fans. Good luck!!!
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 04:28   #4 (permalink)
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird100636
REALITY CHECK---A 92-95 SABLE DOES NOT HAVE A VISCOUS FAN. IT IS A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE WITH A TRANSVERSE DRIVETRAIN!!!!!! From what was described, it would be a fan problem. The ELECTRIC FAN is supposed to come on when the A/C is on to pull heat out of the condensor. It shuts off at 40 MPH which is when sufficient airflow is present to remove the heat. Check the fuse in the power distrubution center in the LR corner of the engine compartment. If it is blown try a new fuse. If it blows right away then you have a short circuit in the fan circuit. Depending on what engine you have will help determine how to test the fan motor. Connect a jumper wire to the brown/orange or the blue wire on one end and to the positive baterry terminal on the other end. The fan should operate if the ground is ok. You may have a bad constant control relay module which controls the fans. Good luck!!!

thankx for "reality check", i don't even know what a sable is, just generalising, luckily we have legends to keep us in check, even tho aircons are basically the same the world over...
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 18:41   #5 (permalink)

Sorry I didn't reply till now but I just got back from a long weekend.Thanks for the advice guys,the fan is working ok as far as keeping the engine cool but I didn't notice if the fan was running when the air was.I'll check it out and let you know.Thanks tbird.
Old 06-08-2005, 17:32   #6 (permalink)

well,I'm not sure what happend but everything seems tobe fine! It hasn't happend again,it must have been a hicup.Since it was the first time I used the ac this yr,maybe it was a fluke,hey...as long as everythings ok,it ok with me! Thanks guys
Old 06-14-2005, 16:25   #7 (permalink)

update:Well,it happend again.I had no AC so I opened the hood and checked the plug for the fan and sure enough,the plug was not plugged all the way in so it was giving me an intermitant problem.I'm glad thats all it was.Thanks again tbird for the advice
Old 06-27-2005, 15:18   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremetec
update:Well,it happend again.I had no AC so I opened the hood and checked the plug for the fan and sure enough,the plug was not plugged all the way in so it was giving me an intermitant problem.I'm glad thats all it was.Thanks again tbird for the advice

well I am having some serious issues with my ac. It blows air but hot. I can use the fan which blows cool on days with degrees of 70 to 75 but anything hotter than that it's hot as ever to. I had an AC diagnostic done on the vehicle and they really couldnt find anything wrong. the compressor is fine and it blows air, i just dont get any cool air. you guys have any idea what couls be the issue? Hmm can anyone tell me how and where to check to see if my wires maybe unplugged or just busted? also I was told it could be my constant control relay module...................... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SonShyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 15:19   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonShyne
well I am having some serious issues with my ac. It blows air but hot. I can use the fan which blows cool on days with degrees of 70 to 75 but anything hotter than that it's hot as ever to. I had an AC diagnostic done on the vehicle and they really couldnt find anything wrong. the compressor is fine and it blows air, i just dont get any cool air. you guys have any idea what couls be the issue? Hmm can anyone tell me how and where to check to see if my wires maybe unplugged or just busted? also I was told it could be my constant control relay module...................... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH yeah I have a 98 ZX2
SonShyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007