Advise for New Color For My SHO - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2006, 09:12   #1 (permalink)

Advise for New Color For My SHO

My current color for my SHO is a light red kind or between a dark pink and candy apple red. It was the paint on it from the dealership. If it gets hit with the right amount of light it waivers from the red to a dark pink. What color looks best on a SHO? Should I go with Something like a pearlescent paint or a metallic w/flake. Or would a basic red, black or white? Please give me some input.
95' SHOman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2006, 14:01   #2 (permalink)

Re: Advise for New Color For My SHO

My SHO is black, looks very good in black, hard to keep clean, but most people, including cops will look right past it. That way I get away with more on the road with it.
bertha66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 14:37   #3 (permalink)
94/04 Taurus

I second the black. I think it looks great and definatley cuts down on the cops! By the way, just curious, how much does a new paint job generally cost? Good luck in your decision!
Jakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:00   #4 (permalink)

go with a color that isn't an everyday pass by color, go with something unique that sticks out but not to much that coppers will be all over you. my SHO is white, i like it because it stand out from all other taurus's and plus when you have an imperfection you can barely tell on white. i dont know i happen to really like the ford blue that they put on only a few SHO's, not the dark blue the other one, dont know what its called though. good luck!
94'whiteSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:36   #5 (permalink)

I think the black will look good. You should paint the Logo on the rear bumper white.
Guitaman132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 15:44   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitaman132
I think the black will look good. You should paint the Logo on the rear bumper white.
My SHO on the rear is outlined in white, on my black car.
bertha66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007