aftermarket radio - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2005, 16:18   #1 (permalink)

Question aftermarket radio

i just installed an aftermarket radio in my "95 taurus. i ran the wire harness from the unit in the trunk to the front dash. i hooked everything up and turned the car on and tried to use the radio, but it wouldnt tun on. after checking a few things, i realized that i had blown the fuse to the radio. someone told me it might be from grounding. any info on what to check, or how to solve this problem would be grewatly appreciated. thanx in advance
goattee34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2005, 13:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: aftermarket radio

Also, i drove the car while the radio was not working, and noticed that the speedometer was dead. im not sure if these are two separate problems, or if they are related. any imput appreciated.
Old 10-19-2005, 16:51   #3 (permalink)

1st, replace the blown fuse, disconnect the stereo and see if the speedometer works again. I'm not sure which fuse you were talking about, the one in the fuse box or one from the radio wiring harness, but check both.

Make sure you hooked up all wires to the stereo correctly and there is not any exposed metal part of the connections or exposed wire. Wrap any exposed electrical connections or wire with electrical tape.
taurus guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 22:06   #4 (permalink)

ok..well i guess i just have a P.O.S. deck. i replaced the fuse in the fusebox, and that fixed the speedometer. a couple of lights will light up, and the deck will take a cd, but it wont play anything. i can hear it spinning, but no facelights, no radio, no sound anyway, thanx, i didnt think that the fuse for the radio would effect the speedometer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007