Ford Forums banner

Alarm problems

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bronco252 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, new to this forum and was wondering if anybody could help me find an alarm problem with my wife's 2003 Taurus. We bought it new and haven't had any problems with it but this alarm crap. The alarm goes off randomly, normally around 2 or 3 am, I guess it just likes to wake us up. Anyway, I can't seem to find a bad sensor but it still goes off about every 2 to 3 weeks. If someone could tell me how to disable it that would be a life saver. I really don't care if it ever works again just as long as it keeps quiet and quits flashing it's lights. Any help would be much appreciated, maybe it'll catch itself on fire someday and then I really won't have to worry about it!

#3 ·
Thanks SHOZ123, I'll check that but I'd rather just do away with the whole alarm system. It may usually goes a couple of weeks or longer before it goes off and it always seems like it's between 2 and 3 in the morning. I'll check that switch with a meter but I'm sure it's going to show it's okay because it doesn't go off immediately and I would think if it was bad or way out of adjustment that it wouldn't take so long to go off. Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to post. Thanks for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.