Alarm problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 17:01   #1 (permalink)

Wink Alarm problems

Hello everyone, new to this forum and was wondering if anybody could help me find an alarm problem with my wife's 2003 Taurus. We bought it new and haven't had any problems with it but this alarm crap. The alarm goes off randomly, normally around 2 or 3 am, I guess it just likes to wake us up. Anyway, I can't seem to find a bad sensor but it still goes off about every 2 to 3 weeks. If someone could tell me how to disable it that would be a life saver. I really don't care if it ever works again just as long as it keeps quiet and quits flashing it's lights. Any help would be much appreciated, maybe it'll catch itself on fire someday and then I really won't have to worry about it!

Last edited by bronco252; 10-13-2008 at 17:02. Reason: spelling
bronco252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 12:33   #2 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

Re: Alarm problems

Look on the drivers side by the headlight under the hood. You will find a hood switch and the rubber plug it contacts when the hood is closed sometimes fails.
SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 16:44   #3 (permalink)

Thanks SHOZ123, I'll check that but I'd rather just do away with the whole alarm system. It may usually goes a couple of weeks or longer before it goes off and it always seems like it's between 2 and 3 in the morning. I'll check that switch with a meter but I'm sure it's going to show it's okay because it doesn't go off immediately and I would think if it was bad or way out of adjustment that it wouldn't take so long to go off. Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to post. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-20-2008, 23:39   #4 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

That is the only problem I have had with my alarm system in 10 years. I just completely removed the sensor.
SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:01   #5 (permalink)

SHOZ123, That's a great idea, maybe I'll try that first before I buy a wiring diagram and start ripping into the harnesses...Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007