Ford Forums banner

All 4 O2 Sensors Bad?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RickMN 
#1 ·
I recently took my 98' taurus (3.0) to have the codes pulled (due to a service engine soon light). The codes said that all 4 of my oxygen sensors are bad.

The light has only been on for 2 weeks and about 1 week ago, the light went out for one day. This seems a little odd, to have all 4 go out at exactly the same time. Is this an electrical problem, or is it actually the sensors? Any advice? Thanks.

#2 ·
pooperscooper said:
I recently took my 98' taurus (3.0) to have the codes pulled (due to a service engine soon light). The codes said that all 4 of my oxygen sensors are bad.

The light has only been on for 2 weeks and about 1 week ago, the light went out for one day. This seems a little odd, to have all 4 go out at exactly the same time. Is this an electrical problem, or is it actually the sensors? Any advice? Thanks.
What were the exact codes???

#6 ·
Follow UP:

After debating on diagnosing my electrical issues, I realized that a professional would be better suited for the job. I found a guy in Fremont, CA that charged $80. His report found that it's actually a problem with the PCM. He's saying that, although the 02 sensors and heaters are good, the heaters aren't getting the proper signal. He then quoted me $650 to replace it.

I have searched ebay for used pcm's and they seem to be going for about $50. Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace? It seems to be lodged inside the firewall, but I don't want to just rip it out without any input from people with experience. Thanks.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.