Ambient Temp Sensor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 20:23   #1 (permalink)
cjd

Ambient Temp Sensor

I have an open wire between the ambient temp sensor for the Air Conditioning system (under the hood) and the RCC Module (under the dash). It reads code 041 on the self test, and the temp sensor itself tests good. It's the red wire with orange stripes. Unfortunately, I have to send the car with my son to college before I can buy a wiring diagram to trace the circuit. The car was in an accident, and it's my experience that most open circuits are a connector that gets neglected during the reassembly.

Wondered if anyone has a diagram and would be kind enough to trace the connectors and where they are located as that wire passes through on the way to the RCCM? Thanks!!
cjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2010, 21:48   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Ambient Temp Sensor

What year, engine is it.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:45   #3 (permalink)
cjd

Oops...2003 Mercury Sable LS, with the DOHC V6 and automatic AC controls...
Old 09-18-2010, 09:13   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

The only other connector is under the dash above the drivers pedals. The black/pink wire is okay? I'd guess that the wire is broken somewhere along the way where it had damage.
Old 09-18-2010, 19:49   #5 (permalink)
cjd

Thanks Bert. I checked the dash connector but found nothing wrong. My feeling exactly about the accident...meaning they likely ran a bolt through the harness installing the new left front fender.

Today we ran a jumper wire for the pink and black...shoddy...but it works. If we ever have the pleasure of removing the fender again, we can find the damage and get rid of the jumper (LOL).

Oh...interesting thing happened. The 9/0 button on the keyless entry pad was not working. All four other keys worked fine...just a bad 0/9. I had traced the circuit through the door, and all the buttons and wires were good up to the boot between the door and the chasis. The one button just would not do anything. I wrote it off as damage to the wiring in the same front left fender area. BUT...

While trouble shooting the AC, I tried a hard reboot on the computers by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Amazingly...the key entry pad works perfectly now! It must have had something to do with a lockout on the security system.

Then we took the perfectly working car to the emmisions station and it flunked...presumably also because of the computer reboot. I tell ya...one step forward...two steps back.

Thanks again!
Old 09-18-2010, 20:36   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Glad to hear you got it handled. We had a Crown Vic once that after replacing the battery, the door locks wouldn't work. After some checking, we disconnected and reconnected the battery, and they worked again. Thanks for the update.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007