Anti-Theft System - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2004, 12:59   #1 (permalink)

Anti-Theft System

After replacing the alternator, starter, coolant tem. reg. sensor, EGR valve the car is still having similar problems. Meaning at random times it will not start. Checked the starter again and there was no power getting to the starter. Checked the starter relay worked fine, checked the gear shift relay "thingy" it worked fine. All sparks and plugs are fine,, battery was fine.
Then I kinda jumped the car by getting a signal to the starter electricaly and the car started. SO this means that something is stopping the signal from getting to the starter. Any ideas? I was informed a while back that the Anti-Theft system could be the culprit and is not allowing me to start the car at random times because of a failure or short. Can anyone give me an idea about this or something else that could be causing these problems?

Last edited by kranders; 09-16-2004 at 12:59. Reason: Anti-Theft System or Unknown Relay??
kranders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007