Auto Climate Control Issues - Blend Door? - 01 Sable LS - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2005, 07:07   #1 (permalink)

confused Auto Climate Control Issues - Blend Door? - 01 Sable LS

I have a '01 Sable LS Premium, and it seems that the auto climate control is having some "issues". As long as it's warm outside and just the A/C is used, everything works well. But as soon as the heat is needed for whatever reason, the heater will come on, but the blend door will not reset when cool air is once again required. All vent positions are working and the fan motor seems to be ok also. But when it's warm outside and I turn on the A/C (on any level), the car blows hot air.

I'm able to unhook the battery to fix this. I can also fix this by hooking up a higher-end OBD sensor and doing a full diagnostic. Since the blend door seems to work, I'm beginning to believe that this is a A/C control unit issue.

Anybody had this problem before? Any suggestions?
rusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2005, 09:25   #2 (permalink)
zap

mad Re: Auto Climate Control Issues - Blend Door? - 01 Sable LS

I have the same problem with 01 Sable Wagon. I haven't tried the battery disconnect fix yet.

When I took it into the dealer, they returned it and said there wasn't a problem. It did, in fact, work properly when i got in it, but I did notice that the outside air temp sensor was reading 96 º and is was slowly falling. Did the technician blast the sensor with hot air to somehow trigger the climate control system to get unstuck? I don't know. I do know that the car had not been in the sun, and it wasn't a hot day.

Anybody have this expereince?

Thanks!
zap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:17   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Auto Climate Control Issues - Blend Door? - 01 Sable LS

2001 sable, same problem with 1999 sable
everytime I brought it in they would disconnect it and say it works fine...
Never tried the battery disconnect.

Just replaced the blend door motor and that did not work either.
I never knew air could get that hot!!!
Door only has to move a fraction to loose cold air.

Got it. Disconnected/reconnected the battery and restarted the car.... worked like a champ.
I probably needed the blend door motor because it was moving before but not going to completely closed (all cold).
and the new one just sat there locked in the middle and would not move.

See 96 degrrees above. Took the old motor apart. it is a dumb DC motor that keeps turning until it makes some contacts inside. It was not moving because the last info it had was from the old motor that said the swith was made, loss of power erased memory and reset to fully open or closed.

when in doubt. disconnect the battery. thanks all. made my day
moeohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007