Blower Motor Location? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2004, 15:37   #1 (permalink)

Question Blower Motor Location?

I have a 1989 Mercury Sable. The blower motor doesn't seem to be working so I was wondering where it is located and how hard it would be to get out. I have looked under the hood on the firewall and can't find it I have looked under the dash and cant seem to find what I am looking for. So if you have changed one of these before or know how to change one please let me know. Also if there is a website that I can go to find pictures on how to take one out or show where it is located please let me know that also. All Help is Appriciated! 'Cause it is FREEZING HERE!
Harmdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2004, 15:51   #2 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Re: Blower Motor Location?

Have you checked the fuses?

Might be worthwhile getting a workshop manual as they can be a pain in the butt to get out.
Old 12-25-2004, 16:05   #3 (permalink)

Yes I have checked all of the fuses. When I turn on the heat it comes out a little but if I use the fan switch on the nob, the blower motor doesnt start. Please Help ... Still Freeezing
Harmdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 22:00   #4 (permalink)
Sho'n Off

The blower is located on the firewall tucked away usually right near the fender. It looks like the bottom of a coffee can with a little nob in the center of the circle. You have to take the cover off in order to get to the actual blower itself. There is a plug right below it for the power and thats waht goes bad. Most likely all you would need to do it take the plug off and try cleaning it and using some electro grease and plug it back in. I had that same problem with my 93 Ranger. It was the plug and not the blower.
2003 Explorer XLT Limited
Monroe, MI

I'd rather be judged by twelve then carried by six
98shotoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 04:12   #5 (permalink)
99 Sable 24DOHC

Thumbs up Re: Blower Motor Location?

Pull out your glove compartment and you'll see it on the right
Martince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 23:37   #6 (permalink)

Is the 98 sable blower motor also behind the glover box? Is it easy to get to? My blower motor is going bad and takes me hitting the dash or on the bottom under the glovebox to get it to start spinning. Thanks for any info.

Josh
Josh_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 14:55   #7 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: Blower Motor Location?

On a 1986-1995 Taurus/Sable after removing the glove box you have to remove the recirc. door/cover assy. There are about 5 screws around the cover. Then you will find the blower motor. Have you tried replacing the blower motor resistor block, which is also located on the cover??? On a 1996-2005 Taurus/Sable you remove the plastic shield under the dash first then you will see the round blower motor on the right.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007