Chick Needs Help With Sensor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 11:31   #1 (permalink)

confused Chick Needs Help With Sensor

I have a 1994 Sable with issues. the speedometer quit working and it started shifting crazy. I took it to a mechanic and he told me it was the speed sensor and that they did not make this sensor anymore. The sensor I have has a place for only one cable to plug in . The sensors online look to have a couple. Ok not sure if I made any since or not ... any suggestions????
dixiechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2008, 18:59   #2 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

Exclamation Re: Chick Needs Help With Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiechicken View Post
I have a 1994 Sable with issues. The speedometer quit working and it started shifting crazy. I took it to a mechanic and he told me it was the speed sensor and that they did not make this sensor anymore. The sensor I have has a place for only one cable to plug in. The sensors online look to have a couple. Ok, not sure if I made any sense or not ... any suggestions??????
I'd say check with the Ford dealer first to see if it was discontinued. This is a common part and I doubt it would be discontinued stranding a ton of people that still own one of these vehicles. The aftermarket wouldn't either. There's 2 different ones. One for mechanical gauges, one for electronic display gauges. The mechanical one has both an electrical connection and a cable connection for the speedo. The electronic display version only has the electrical connection. Easier to replace on 3.0L equipped vehicles then the 3.8L vehicles.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:29   #3 (permalink)

Re: Chick Needs Help With Sensor

Thanks for the reply. I will check with the dealer even though my poor excuse for a mechanic said he did...lol Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird100636 View Post
I'd say check with the Ford dealer first to see if it was discontinued. This is a common part and I doubt it would be discontinued stranding a ton of people that still own one of these vehicles. The aftermarket wouldn't either. There's 2 different ones. One for mechanical gauges, one for electronic display gauges. The mechanical one has both an electrical connection and a cable connection for the speedo. The electronic display version only has the electrical connection. Easier to replace on 3.0L equipped vehicles then the 3.8L vehicles.
dixiechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:26   #4 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

Re: Chick Needs Help With Sensor

From Rock Auto . com

for the 3.0L

AIRTEX Part # 5S4713
w/Electronic Instrument Panel Exc. AX4N Trans. $19.74

AIRTEX Part # 5S4716
w/Mechanical Instrument Panel Exc. AX4N Trans. $20.79

AIRTEX Part # 5S4714
w/Electronic Instrument Panel & AX4N Trans. $31.79

AIRTEX Part # 5S4715
w/ Mechanical Instrument Panel & AX4N Trans.
* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 2 business days $57.79

For the 3.8L

AIRTEX Part # 5S4713 w/Electronic Instrument Panel $19.74

AIRTEX Part # 5S4716 w/Mechanical Instrument Panel $20.79
SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007