Cold Air Intake for 2001 Duratecs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2006, 21:29   #1 (permalink)

Cold Air Intake for 2001 Duratecs

You know, with all the Gen 4 cars Ford built, you would think someone would make some performance parts for it. Right now, I am just hoping I am a rock and someone will fill me in on where to buy a good aftermarket cold air intake, maybe a nice programmer that has been proven to give good results, and some head work ideas for jazzing this Sable of mine up. It has been a great cruiser, but after 5 years, I am ready to give it some balls.

Anybody got any good leads? All help would be appreciated. And thanks for tolerating another post by a newbie that has probably been posted a thousand times. But I swear I did a Search before I posted.
Thanks in advance folks.
Da Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2006, 20:06   #2 (permalink)

Re: Cold Air Intake for 2001 Duratecs

Well,this isn't very encouraging.
Old 07-05-2006, 16:56   #3 (permalink)

There were a couple of attempts made, but none made it into full production. Most of the information on the attempts are over at TCCA. Taurus Car Club of America
Old 07-05-2006, 20:01   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Racer. I have been over there as well, just no specific info. One of the other things I have noticed is there are no heads available on ebay from any of the rebuilders for 2000 and up. I hope that just means these babies hold together well, so no cores available for us tinkerers.
Old 07-17-2006, 13:47   #5 (permalink)

Wow I got timed out. (new to this forum) So I guess I gotta make it shorter.
No there is no good aftermarket stuff out there and what little there is is usually for SHO's. So..Here's some things you can do.

1: Buy a Hi-flow panel filter (usually K&N) for about $40 - $50 and drop it in. Your Bull already has a pretty decent factory CAI. Just not very flowing.

2: Pull off the silencer on the intake going to the front (along the fenderwell) this will free up a little more air, and give you a little growl.

OR

3ull off the whole intake pipe from the airbox up to the front and just run a short piece of 3 or 4" snorkel from the stock airbox into the fenderwell. *note: the stock airbox isolates the filter from heat very well

These are the cheapest and probably most efficient setups you can make for maybe +4 to +10 hp depending.

http://members.cox.net/dpederzani/Taurus%20(9).jpg
dpmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 13:56   #6 (permalink)

timed out again!! Is there any way to fix that?
dpmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007